Important Information Regarding
2014-2015 New Student (Freshman/Transfer) Campus Housing
If you are a new student coming to Pepperdine, we encourage you to create and/or update your housing profile starting June 1st. Please click here for instructions. Keep the following information in mind as you prepare to register for housing:
- Housing selection day for incoming Freshman students begins at 8 a.m. (PDT) on Monday, July 7, 2014. Eligible locations are all first year residence halls.
- Priority room selection will go to those who have linked up with roommates from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon) PDT. Those without a roommate(s), solo residents can choose after 12 p.m. (noon) PDT.
- Roommate Gateway will be shutdown temporarily from 6 a.m.-8 a.m. on Monday, July 7, 2014. At 8 a.m. you will be able to log in, search for and select housing. This process was put in place in order to create a fair and equal opportunity for all students.
- Keep in mind that Roommate Gateway controls logins; only one login per student ID is allowed in the housing selection site during room selection.
- We will be airing a live broadcast, here on our website, showing new students how to create their roommategateway profile and link up with roommates at 2 p.m. on June 2nd. If you have questions during our broadcast please email us at Housing@pepperdine.edu with the subject line "HRL Broadcast" and we will answer your questions on the air.
- Transfer students will create a profile on Roommate Gateway and will be able to search for roommates but will be hand placed in a transfer student housing area by the housing office. If you are a transfer student, please email email@example.com by the end of the day on Monday, July 7, 2014, if you have a specific roommate in mind.
Seaver Summer Session 2
June 1: Session 2 Students move in between 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
June 28: Session 2 Students move out by 9 a.m.
Seaver Incoming Freshmen/Transfers/New Students
June 1: New Students create online profile and begin room/roommate search
June 1: Deadline to contact Disability Services Office for housing accommodations
June 15: Deadline to submit Residency Exemption petitions
July 7: Portal opens at 8 a.m. (PDT) for freshmen to choose rooms. Transfers link with other transfers but HRL will place you in your room.
Seaver Summer Session 3
June 29: Session 3 Students move in between 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
July 26: Session 3 Students move out by 9 a.m.
School of Public Policy
August 12-13: Housing Move-in for International Students
August 15: Mandatory International Student Integration Day
August 16: Housing Move-in for New Students
August 18-22: Mandatory New Student Orientation
August 23: Housing Move-in for Returning Students
Graduate School of Business Management
July 25-27: Housing Move-in for Verbal Prep
July 28 through August 8: Verbal Prep
August 11-14: New Student Housing Check-In
August 13 & 14: Quant Camp
August 14: International Student Reception 3:30 p.m., New Student Reception 5 p.m.
August 15 through Sunday, August 24: New Student Orientation
August 22 -24: Returning Student Housing Check-In
Graduate School of Education Psychology
August 25-27: Housing Move-in for New Students
August 28: New Student Orientation
School of Law
August 15-16: New Student Housing Move-In (9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
August 18-22: New Student Orientation
August 23: Returning Student Housing Move-in (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Seaver Fall 2014 Move In Information
August 18: Sophomores attending Year2Day1 Retreat move in between 8 a.m.-5 p.m.. Trip leaves early the 19th.
August 19: International Students move in & attend NSO. Refer to your arrival time assigned by Student Activities.
August 19: All other new students move in & attend NSO. Refer to your arrival time assigned by Student Activities
August 23: Returning students move in 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
August 24: Returning students move in 8 a.m.-6 p.m. (HRL staff available at 1 p.m. due to church involvement around the Malibu/LA community)