Printing & Copy Services
Pepperdine's current copier contract expires 7/31/16 and our copiers will be refreshed with new models before that date. In the interim, Information Technology (IT) is issuing a request for proposals (RFP) from reputable vendors. As part of this effort, Information Technology staff will escort vendors to all campuses of Pepperdine University during late October and throughout November of 2015 in order to assess the status of existing copiers and to determine opportunities for additional equipment and services. Moreover, IT will conduct focus groups and issue surveys to inform the study.
- Printing Services Website (For bulk and special order copying, printing, and faxing services.)
- Printing in Labs and Libraries
- Copy Services Request Form (Make requests and report problems.)
Faculty and Staff Guides:
- Apply for Access to a Network Printer
- Activate or Deactivate Departmental Copy Codes
- Scanning from a New Canon Copier
- More Documentation for Macs and Windows
- Add Money to Your ID Card for Printing
- Install a Network Printer on Your Laptop (Print Wirelessly When Connected to Pepperdine)
- Use GoPrint (Public Printing)
Information Technology provides support for all departmental copiers and management of departmental copy codes.
For questions or to report issues, please call the Help Desk at (310) 506-4357 (HELP).
Installation Note: The 4-digit physical copier NUMBER (i.e, 1001 to 1090) is for the copier to which you want to print; the 5- or 6-digit department copy code will allow you to actually copy and print to the copier.
To add money to your Pepperdine ID card, visit webdeposit.pepperdine.edu.
Personal Wireless Printers are Prohibited
Wireless printers are prohibited at all campuses and student residences (Seaver and Drescher student residences and the Page Apartments) with wireless coverage. Wireless printers interfere with the Pepperdine wireless signal. When discovered, these devices will be shut down.
Go Print Program: Allows students to print wirelessly to any campus computer lab. Learn more
If your work requires you to have access to an additional network printer, complete a Network Resources Request form. There is no charge for creating the access to another networked disk drive or printer.
After access has been granted to you, please proceed to install a printer driver for a Mac or Windows. If you need additional help installing a printer driver, contact the Help Desk at (310) 506-4357 (HELP).