Seaver Research Council
About Membership and Funding
The Seaver Research Council (SRC) is an entity supporting the scholarly and research interests of Seaver's faculty. The membership of the SRC includes one faculty member from each division. Funds for this Council will be derived in part from indirect costs generated from externally funded grant proposals and from funds designated for the Council from within the University. Faculty are encouraged to apply for a SRC Grant to request financial support related to scholarly activities including costs related to publications, supplies, hiring student research assistants, etc.
Proposals that describe projects that are collaborative/interdisciplinary in nature are strongly encouraged. Tenure or tenure-track faculty are encouraged to use the Council support as "seed" money where supported work could potentially provide the framework for a grant proposal to an external agency. SRC Grants typically range from $1,000 to $4,500.
Detailed application guidelines, including a suggested application format can be found here. The deadline for submitting proposals is January 26, 2022. Proposals should be submitted via email to Katy Carr in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Decisions on awards will be made and notification letters sent by April. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Katy at extension 6084.
Seaver Research Council Members (2021-2022):
- Jooho Lee, Business Administration Division
- Daniel Overton, Communication Division
- Kristen Brennan, Fine Arts Division
- Frank Novak, Humanities and Teacher Education Division
- Kelle Marshall, International Studies and Languages Division
- Jane Ganske, Natural Science Division
- Ron Highfield, Religion and Philosophy Division
- Robert Sexton, Social Science Division