Courses: Pepperdine's Primary LMS
Courses (powered by Sakai) is an open-source learning management system (LMS) that offers faculty and students a feature-rich, online environment to support teaching and learning. The system includes basic tools such as syllabus, gradebook, and announcements. It also offers more advanced features like sequenced lessons, live chat, online testing, online assignments, document sharing, and more.
Info About Upgrades
To keep the system working optimally, we regularly apply updates to the current system as well as major version upgrades. Learn more about the most recent or upcoming major Courses upgrades.
Documentation and Support
Top 3 Solutions for Faculty
- Publish your courses so that students can see and access them.
- Add tools with ease with Site Info > Manage Tools.
- Reorder your site tabs so that your current classes are listed first.
Please refer to our Top 10 Courses Checklist for a New Academic Term or our full Faculty Guides for more tips and how-to instructions.
Top 3 Solutions for Students
- Can't find a site? Ask your professor if it's published or check the "Sites" tab.
- Mac users: Don't forget the file extension! (Be sure .doc or .docx is at the end of MS Word documents so that your professors and classmates can access your files.)
- Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best experience.
Please refer to the Student Guides for more tips and how-to instructions.
A five-year retention period for sites on its primary learning management system (LMS), Courses (powered by Sakai) will be initiated July 31, 2022. To help our faculty and site managers adjust to this new process, we will implement the retention period in several stages. See the LMS Retention Period for Courses.
We routinely study the needs and perceptions of our community in regards to our learning management system (LMS). Learn about the most recent LMS Study.
Faculty, staff, and students should call Pepperdine IT Tech Central for immediate Courses support at 310.506.4357 (HELP) or 866.767.8623 (toll-free in the USA).