Courses: Pepperdine's Primary LMS
Courses (powered by Sakai) is an open-source learning management system (LMS) that offers faculty and students a feature-rich, online environment to support teaching and learning. The system includes basic tools such as syllabus, gradebook, and announcements. It also offers more advanced features like sequenced lessons, live chat, online testing, online assignments, document sharing, and more.
Info About Upgrades
To keep the system working optimally, we regularly apply updates to the current system as well as major version upgrades. Learn more about the most recent or upcoming major Courses upgrades.
Documentation and Support
Top 3 Solutions for Faculty
- Publish your courses so that students can see and access them.
- Add tools with ease with Site Info > Manage Tools.
- Reorder your site tabs so that your current classes are listed first.
Please refer to our Faculty Guides for more tips and how-to instructions.
Top 3 Solutions for Students
- Can't find a site? Ask your professor if it's published or check the "Sites" tab.
- Mac users: Don't forget the file extension! (Be sure .doc or .docx is at the end of MS Word documents so that your professors and classmates can access your files.)
- Use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for the best experience.
Please refer to the Student Guides for more tips and how-to instructions.
- Log in: https://courses.pepperdine.edu
Faculty, staff, and students should call Pepperdine IT Tech Central for immediate Courses support at 310.506.4357 (HELP) or 866.767.8623 (toll-free in the USA).