Pepperdine offers nine different meal plans during the academic year and three different summer session plans. The meal plans are designed to provide easy on-campus access to meals, snacks, and beverages for both residents and commuter students. In addition to providing nutrition, eating at our dining locations provides the opportunity to hang out with friends, strike up a conversation with someone new, meet with professors, and participate in the Pepperdine Community.
Purchase a meal plan
Log into your student account through the Housing Portal or email our office to purchase a meal plan. Students can check their remaining balance at any time by clicking on "ID Card Deposit" on their Wavenet homepage or at any cash register in a dining area.
Dining Locations and Hours of Operation
- Hours of Operation
- Waves Cafe (Tyler Campus Center)
- Nature's Edge (Tyler Campus Center)
- Jamba Juice (Tyler Campus Center)
- Starbucks (Payson Library)
- Oasis Pizzeria & Taqueria (Tyler Campus Center)
- Drescher Cafe (Drescher Campus)
- Cafe Fresca (Center for Communication and Business)
- Caruso School of Law Cafe (Caruso School of Law)
- HAWC Cafe and Store (Howard A. White Center)
- Concessions Stand (Firestone Fieldhouse)
Introducing Grubhub Campus Dining!
What is "Grubhub campus dining?"
Grubhub campus dining is a service provided by Grubhub and Pepperdine which enables students, faculty, and staff to order and pay for meals ahead of time from on-campus dining venues. With Grubhub's campus dining app, you can place orders using your Pepperdine campus meal plan, Global Waves Cash, or your personal credit/debit card.
Get started now by visiting our Grubhub Campus Dining FAQ webpage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that when signing up for a meal plan, students will receive a meal plan per semester (i.e., students who sign up for Meal Plan E will receive a Meal Plan E for the fall semester and another Meal Plan E for the spring semester).
What are meal points?
One meal point is equivalent to one dollar, as an example, a new Waves "E" meal plan costs $1,865 which would be 1,865 meal points. A list of meal plans is available on our rates page.
How do I use meal points?
Your student ID acts like a debit card to access your meal points. Present it to a cashier at one of Pepperdine's dining locations when purchasing food or drinks. The cashier will swipe the card and the appropriate amount of points will be deducted from your balance. You can then view your remaining balance on the screen to help you keep track. The fastest way to pay in line is using an ID card.
Who can purchase a meal plan?
All enrolled students including both resident and commuter students are eligible to purchase a meal plan.
Am I required to have a meal plan?
- Per the University Residency Requirement Policy, all new undergraduate residents are required to have a meal plan for four semesters.
- New, incoming first-year students are required to purchase a Waves "E" meal plan, or higher, each semester.
- Students who do not enroll in a meal plan but are required to have a meal plan will be automatically enrolled in Meal Plan E.
- Sophomore and upperclassmen apartment residents and commuter students may purchase any meal plan.
- Non-residents interested in purchasing a meal plan should email firstname.lastname@example.org from their Pepperdine email account with their meal plan request.
Do meal points carry over the academic year?
All fall meal points carry over into spring semester. Any points remaining at the end of spring semester will expire.
Can I use my meal plan during academic recesses, such as winter break or spring break?
Yes, however during academic recesses some dining locations may be closed or have shortened hours of operation. Refer to the Dining Services website for more information.
Summer Meal Plans
Each summer session meal plan activates at housing check-in for that respective session. All summer plans expire at the end of Session 3.
- Undergraduate summer meal plans roll over until they expire at the end of Session 3
- Graduate student meal plans expire at the end of their summer schedule
Can I increase my meal plan?
Yes. Students may increase their meal plan at any point in the semester simply by sending an email to email@example.com from their Pepperdine email account with their CWID and preferred plan.
Can I decrease or cancel my meal plan?
- The deadline to reduce or cancel a meal plan is the University-wide Add/Drop Deadline for each respective semester.
- First-year residents may not decrease their meal plans below Meal Plan E.
- Residents of Rockwell Towers and Seaside Hall may opt-down to purchase a minimum of the Waves "D" meal plan each semester.