Graziadio Business School
Student Life Council
Applications Are Now Open for the Graziadio Student Life Council!
Student Engagement & Success is now accepting applications for the new Student Life Council (SLC), which is a newly formed Graziadio advisory council. The first active term for the SLC will begin Summer 2019.
To be considered for SLC membership, please submit the online application. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and considered for membership for either the current or following term, depending on council membership needs.
About the SLC
- The SLC is an advisory body that provides a representative student voice on matters involving the full-time student experience outside the classroom, including allocation of the PGBS Student Activity Fee and the development and implementation of student-focused programs, initiatives, and services.
- As stakeholders in their graduate student experience, SLC members develop a significant level of expertise and insight into the administration of PGBS co-curricular programs, processes, and services, and advise PGBS staff and administrators on matters that directly impact the current and future student experience.
- For more information about the SLC, please visit the Student Life Council Procedures.
Student Activity Fee Budget Requests
Registered student organizations and eligible Pepperdine Graziadio Business School (PGBS) departments or entities may request Student Activity Fee funds for student service/activity-related programs. Budget requests are accepted on a rolling basis for individual events, activities or initiatives that further the engagement, education, and development of the full-time Graziadio student body at large.
To submit a budget request, follow these steps:
- Review the funding eligibility and requirements outlined in the Student Life Council Procedures.
- Download the Budget Request Template and fill it out with the details of your funding request. Please be as detailed as possible in your descriptions.
- Submit the PGBS Student Activity Fee Budget Request Form, uploading your completed Budget Request Template when prompted. Organizations seeking funding must submit one PGBS Student Activity Fee Budget Request form per event, activity or initiative. Please note, the student organization treasurer must submit all budget requests on behalf of the student organization.
- The Student Life Council (SLC) will review your budget request and you will be notified of your request status. The SLC meets on a bi-weekly basis during each academic term to review budget requests. Therefore, organizations seeking funding are encouraged to plan in advance in order to allow adequate time to receive notice of funding from the SLC prior to planning an event.
Contact the Office of Student Engagement and Success.
Student Clubs & Organizations
Our student body is actively involved in a number of student organizations and activities outside the classroom. Any student can start a student organization in their area of interest. Below is a list of current student clubs and organizations that serve to enhance the quality of Graziadio student life and strengthen and build community across academic programs.
How to Join
For more information about leadership opportunities or to learn how to join a student club or organization, please contact the officers for each organization listed below.
Student Organization Handbook
For more information about the governing policies and processes for student organizations, visit the Student Organization Handbook.