Welcome! The GSEP Student Employment Office is here to assist students with all their on-campus student employment needs and questions. Over 300 GSEP students work on-campus during the academic year as Graduate Assistants, Research Assistants, and Teaching Assistants. GSEP Student Employment opportunities are available for on-ground students that are enrolled in courses at the University.The process for acquiring a position as an assistant is explained below.
The Graduate School of Education and Psychology offers three types of on-campus student employment:
Graduate Assistant (GA) – up to 19.75 hours a week
Research Assistant (RA) – up to 10 hours a week
Teaching Assistant (TA) – up to 6 hours a week
The pay rate for student employees is $17.65 per hour.
All Graduate Assistant, Research Assistant, and Teaching Assistant positions are listed on Handshake.
The Hiring Process:
1. Please use Handshake to search and apply for on-campus student employment positions. Handshake, is GSEP's
employment-listing site and can be found under your "Student Center" tab in WaveNet.
If you don't have access to Handshake, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your name and CWID.
2. If required, you will receive an email invitation from the Student Employment Office to complete New Student Employee Training prior to your start date and to submit important federal government and University paperwork, including:
- Form I-9: Please bring the following original, unexpired document(s) with you to complete your paperwork; you can bring one selection from List A or one selection from List B along with one selection from List C: Acceptable Documents for Form I-9. Many students choose to bring either a current Passport or a driver's license and a social security card. NOTE: We CANNOT accept photocopies of any of these documents.
- Form W-4
- GSEP Student Employment Policies
Once you have completed the student employee training the hiring process can be completed.
3. You will receive a Welcome Email notifying you that your hiring process has been completed. This email will serve as your notice that you may begin working for the University as well as additional important information for you. Please remember that you cannot begin working for the University prior to receiving this e-mail.