The Pepperdine SGA Lyft Ride Smart pilot program is not active for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters.
2022-2023 Program Details
- $8 discount on each ride
- Up to 6 discounted rides per month
- Discount available:
Monday - Wednesday from 6 AM - 8 PM
Thursday - Sunday from 6 AM - 1 AM
- Must start or end on the Malibu campus (see below for coverage area)
- Valid on Standard or XL Lyft rides only
How to Sign-Up
At the beginning of each semester, all currently enrolled Seaver College undergraduate students are sent an invitation to their Pepperdine email account from Lyft Business. Open this email and follow the simple steps inside to sign up for the program and start receiving your ride discounts. The discount will automatically be applied to your account within the Lyft app (in the “Promos” section) to rides which meet the program eligibility criteria.
If you did not receive an invitation, please email email@example.com. Don’t yet have a Lyft account? Download the app and create an account to get started.
Note: This is a pilot program. It is subject to change or end early. You will be notified
via email about any changes in the program.
Rides must start or end within this service area to be eligible for the $8 discount.
Tips for Riding Smart with Lyft
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.
Lyft's Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft launched a Health Safety Program, which includes:
- Personal health certification for drivers and riders
- Required face masks for drivers and riders
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
- Read more about the program on the Lyft website.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, credits are not transferable.
The Pepperdine SGA Lyft program will contribute $8, per ride, and the remainder will be paid by the rider. Prices may be impacted by distance, traffic, time of day, special events and prime time rates.
No, unused rides do not roll over to the next month. Also, if your ride costs less than $8 the extra money can not be used on future rides.
Driver supply has been low in the Malibu area. However, as students begin requesting rides the supply is expected to increase. Please be patient as this program begins. More drivers have been notified of our program, and this should increase the driver availability in Malibu over time.
The Pepperdine SGA Lyft program does not pay for any cancellation fees.
Visit the Lyft websit to learn more about Lyft’s ADA “Access Rides.”
If you see an expiration date on the last day of the current month listed in your Lyft app, don’t worry – the program discount automatically re-applies on the first day of each month, so the last day of the current month will always show as an expiration date but won’t affect your ability to receive discounted rides.
If you request a ride that doesn’t meet the criteria, you will not see the discount shown on your ride confirmation screen and you will pay out of pocket.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.