Office of the Chaplain
The Office of the Chaplain is dedicated to cultivating a spiritually formative environment for the Pepperdine faculty and staff community to meet individual, departmental, and University-wide spiritual needs.
"As a chaplain, the most important aspect of my job is to be present and to listen to anyone who needs it. I’m the chaplain for everybody in the Pepperdine community, and you are welcome just as you are."
—Sara G. Barton
What We Do
Prayer and Worship
Worship and prayer services for the Pepperdine community
Devotional messages, sermons, and public prayer
Training and Equipping
- University-wide spiritual formation workshops and training
- Customized departmental workshops
- Bible studies
- Resources for spiritual practices
- Pepperdine Spiritual Life blog and podcast
- Books and devotionals for guided learning
- Sacred campus spaces
- Spiritual care and pastoral encouragement to all faculty and staff
- Confidential, one-on-one pastoral care
- Crisis prayer services, memorials, and grief support
- Title IX confidential resources
- Spiritual formation retreats
- Spiritual formation retreat resources
Pepperdine's Practicing Faith was designed to help faculty, staff, and students discover curated spiritual practices designed to guide you through practices of faith and community.
For appointments and requests please email email@example.com