Student Activity Fee Budget Requests
Student Life Council
The Pepperdine Graziadio Business School (PGBS) Student Life Council (SLC) is an advisory body that provides a representative student voice on matters involving the full-time student experience outside the classroom, including allocation of the PGBS Student Activity Fee and the development and implementation of student-focused programs, initiatives, and services.
Budget Request Process Overview
Registered student organizations and eligible PGBS departments or entities may request Student Activity Fee funds for student service/activity-related programs. Budget requests are accepted on a rolling basis for individual events, activities or initiatives that further the engagement, education, and development of the full-time Graziadio student body at large.
The SLC meets on a bi-weekly basis during each academic term to review budget requests. Therefore, organizations seeking funding are encouraged to plan in advance in order to allow adequate time to receive notice of funding from the SLC prior to planning an event.
Budget Request Instructions
- Review the funding eligibility and requirements outlined in the Graziadio Business School Student Club Handbook
- Please note that all event-related budget requests must be discussed with Jessica Rubalcava, Assistant Director of Student Engagement at email@example.com prior to submitting the purchase request.
- It is highly recommended that, when building a budget, student clubs review current pricing for food, promotional items, or other goods from the Student Engagement and Success Preferred Vendor List.
- In your budget request, please be sure to account for 10% sales tax; an 18 - 20% tip (for food deliveries or restaurants); and any applicable delivery fees.
- Download the Graziadio Student Activity Fee Budget Request Excel Template located in the Documents section of the Student Life Council Peppervine portal and fill it out with the details of your funding request. Please be as detailed as possible in your descriptions.
- Submit the Student Activity Fee Budget Request Form located in The Peppervine, and upload your completed Graziadio Student Activity Fee Budget Request Excel Template when prompted.
Student Club Reimbursement Instructions
Registered student clubs that have spent allocated funds from the Student Life Council can request reimbursement via the Student Club Reimbursement Request Form (located in The Peppervine forms section).
Student Club Purchase Request Instructions
Registered student clubs who wish for Student Engagement and Success to submit payment or to make a purchase on behalf of their student club must submit a Student Club Purchase Request Form (located in The Peppervine forms section) to request to spend PGBS Student Activity Fee (allocated) funds.
Purchase requests submitted through the Student Club Purchase Request Form may include
purchasing goods, food, or paying a vendor or speaker.
Please note that presidents and treasurers of registered student clubs are the only officers authorized to submit the Student Club Purchase Request Form.
Questions? Email the Office of Student Engagement and Success.