The Pepperdine Career Center is available to help and guide students while they are abroad! Services are FREE and include:
- Career counseling (e.g., exploring majors, discussing possible career paths) and career assessments via Skype
- Access to Handshake, a brand new internship and job platform (available through WaveNet)
- Access to UCAN, a national database of internships from across the country (available by request)
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Mock interviews and interview preparation
- Internship and job search strategies
- Networking with Pepperdine Career Network: https://pepperdine.evisors.com/
NOT SURE WHERE TO GET STARTED?
Here are some quick resources to help jumpstart your career!
Email your Industry Specialist with general questions or for career counseling, job and internship search, and mock interviews:
- Nonprofit, Social Services, Ministry: Marla Pontrelli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts, Entertainment, Marketing, Media: Nancy Shatzer, email@example.com
- Government, Law, Education, Science: Marla Pontrelli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business: Christine Gist, email@example.com
Resume and Cover Letter Resources
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org! (A specialist at the Malibu Career center will review and help you with your resume!)
Check out the Pepperdine Career Network?
- The Pepperdine Career Network is a new and innovative platform to have a connection with an alumni, faculty or staff member, friend or donor of the university; the "Advisors" provide career conversations, resume critiques, and mock interviewed for current students and alumni looking for insight into their chosen career field.
- To create an account, simple go to pepperdine.evisors.com, click "Find Your Advisor" and easily create an account to search for and connect with professionals.