Refunds are issued via:
- Direct deposit to the student's bank account, if a student signs up for the eRefund
Note: To sign up for direct deposit for your refund, go to the Student Center in WaveNet, https://wavenet.pepperdine.edu and click on the "eRefund enrollment and maintenance" link in the Finance section.
- Hard-copy refund check mailed to the student's local address if a student is not signed-up for the eRefund option.
Students are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit to minimize the refund delivery timeline.
- Refunds for a term will not be processed until the term begins. Therefore, no refunds will be issued prior to the start of the term. A refund also cannot be processed until there is an ending credit balance on the student account.
- Refunds for financial aid credit balances are sent automatically to the student (after the add/drop period) unless written notification is submitted to the Student Accounts Office requesting the credit balance to remain on the student's account.
- Refunds of credit balances will not be made until the student's payments have cleared the bank. If a credit balance includes a check payment, there is a ten working day waiting period before those funds are released.
To receive a check for any other credit balance remaining after all charges and credits
are processed, the student must make a written request for the credit to the Student
Accounts Office by email GSBM.Student.Accounts@pepperdine.edu
- Payments in excess of the amounts due maybe rejected by the University and returned to the payor. Students are responsible for accurate and timely payments. Any overpayment amounts accepted by the university may be refunded at the end of the term with the student's written request. A $50 processing fee will be deducted from the amount of the refund.
- As part of the refund process, the student's account will be audited and financial aid will be verified before a refund is processed.
- Students who receive refunds generated by student loans should understand that their student loan balance is not reduced by the refund amount unless the student returns the amount to the student loan lender. Students who have received refund checks and who want to reduce their student loan debt may contact the office of Student Financial Services for more information. All refund checks that have not cleared after 240 days will be voided, and funds will be sent to the State Treasurer's Department or to the respective federal student loan programs.Refund checks are good for 6 months from the date of the check. Financial Aid Office does not return or reduce amount of loans for any uncashed refund checks without written request from student.