Exercise Catered to You Through Sports Medicine
Have you tried lots of exercise programs, but nothing really stuck? Perhaps it wasn't catered specifically to what motivates YOU - your unique goals and needs - and your starting point with exercise. If you're interested in trying a more comprehensive approach, Seaver College's Sports Medicine 450 course for the spring 2022 semester is offering a free opportunity for faculty and staff to do just that!
- Get paired with a junior or senior Sports Medicine student for the spring semester.
- Walk through wellness coaching questions with the student to find what motivates you to live a healthy life and to determine your health goals.
- Participate in a pre-exercise health screening and exercise assessments ranging from walking tests to functional movement tests.
- Receive a personalized exercise program at the end of the semester.
I'm interested! What should I do next?
- Ensure you are free to meet with your student at the dates/times below.
- Contact the course instructor, Brittni Paris, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to let her know you're interested by Friday, January 21st. Hurry - space is limited!
All activities take place during the Sports Medicine 450 lab times (Mondays, 4-5 PM) in the Harilela International Tennis (HITS) Fitness Center on the Malibu campus.
|Meet your student trainer; Pre-exercise health screening
|Resting and exercise measurements
|Cardio exercise tests
|Muscular fitness and flexibility tests
|Functional Movement or Senior Fitness Test
|Receive your personalized exercise program
If this sounds like the program for you, email Brittni today at email@example.com!
*All activities will be supervised by the course instructor, Brittni Paris, a certified clinical exercise physiologist and wellness coach.