It is time to actively choose the insurance plans that will guide the care you and your family receive in 2022. Remember, there is no cost increase for Pepperdine benefits in 2022!
What is New in 2022
All Anthem plans will now provide coverage for an annual vision exam using a participating Blue View Vision provider. Out-of-network vision exams and lens and frames are not covered. Participants may search for Blue View Vision providers on the Anthem.com website.
Kaiser Participants are currently eligible to receive an annual vision exam using a Kaiser Permanente provider.
Current VSP participants should review the benefits provided under the plan and determine if the benefits now provided under the medical plans make VSP cost effective to you and your family. Many VSP providers as also in the Blue View Vision network.
To ensure you have the best coverage for you and your family in 2022, please review the following:
- 2022 Annual Enrollment Guide, which clearly lays out your options for the coming year and the pricing for each plan.
- Pepperdine Benefits Portal at mybenefits.pepperdine.edu, which contains details of each plan and features to assist you with navigating your benefits.
- Open Enrollment Checklist and FAQs, which will help determine if you are taking full advantage of your benefits since what worked for you this year may not be what is best for you and your family next year.
Between November 1 and November 15, please enroll in your desired benefits:
- Online: Pepperdine Benefits Portal (mybenefits.pepperdine.edu)
- By Phone: Pepperdine Benefits Service Center (310.506.6967)
You are unable to make changes to your 2022 plan choices after November 15, 2021, unless you experience a qualifying life event, such as marriage, birth of a child, divorce, or change in coverage under another plan.
If you are unsure about which plan is best for you, please:
- Utilize the additional benefit information found at mybenefits.pepperdine.edu.
- Call the Pepperdine Benefits Service Center: 310.506.6967.
- Call Human Resources: 310.506.4397.