The Trial Advocacy Board coordinates and helps prepare and train second and third year students to successfully compete in interschool trial advocacy competitions nationwide. Pepperdine's teams compete in seven to eight competitions each academic year. The Board coordinates an interschool Cross-Examination Competition (open to second and third year students) each Fall semester and the Cipolla Closing Argument Competition (open to all law students) each Spring semester to select students to join one of Pepperdine's elite interschool teams.
The Trial Advocacy Board is governed and supervised by the Executive Committee and other Student Board Members.
|Miguel Del Mundo||Vice President|
|Gib Faller||Alumni Chair|
|Grace Waddell||Communications Chair|
|Jenna King||Cipolla Closing Argument Competition|
|Mary-Kate Kelledy||Cross Examination Competition Coordinator|
|Professor Harry Caldwell||Director of Trial Advocacy|
Fall 2017 Competitions
This upcoming Fall semester, Pepperdine will compete in the following interschool national competitions:
- American Bar Association - Labor Competition:
- Two teams consisting of Jenna King, Kat Niparko, Mary-Kate Kelledy, Grace Waddell, Sarah George, Aaron Eslamboly, Gib Faller, Deanne Elliot
- San Diego Defense Lawyer's Trial Competition
- Team consisting of Blaire Wood, Wyatt Vesperman, Ava Jahanvash, Chris Campbell, Bailey Blaies, Christal Porter, Tim Forero, Chiemela Okwandu
- California Attorney for Criminal Justice Tournament:
- Team consisting of Kyler Kelly, Miguel Del Mundo, Dan Ledezma, Anna Goodman