We have three upcoming registration periods: January session, International Programs (IP), and Malibu pre-registration for the spring 2021 term.
Please keep checking this space for updated information, knowing that we plan to add spring 2021 registration information in mid-October.
Please check your Student Center in WaveNet for up-to-do-date information about what time you may begin to register, and what holds you may have.
January Session Registration:
Registration for the January session will begin on Friday, October 9, and end on the last day of add/drop of that session. All students who are registered in a full load of classes this fall are eligible to take advantage of our special unit charge of $250/unit. In January students may take a max of 4 units.
Please be sure to look at your Degree Audit Report online to ensure that the class you select is one you need. Faculty and OneStop advisors will be happy to help via phone, email or video chat.
IP Spring 2021 Registration:
Students planning to participate in overseas programs this spring will be able to register in their program's courses on Thursday, October 15th, and continue on Monday, October 19. (WaveNet will be inaccessible from Friday through the weekend for an update.)
Malibu Spring 2021 Registration:
Registration for the Spring term will continue through the end of add/drop in February,
with priority registering going on from November 3-9. Classes are listed with various
modalities of delivery, and more information about spring at Seaver should come out
in early January. If you have any questions about hold, or modalities of classes,
please let us know!
Attention: WaveNet doesn't always cooperate with Safari. If you have a Mac, try using Firefox.
For a successful registration experience, please follow the steps below.
1. Look Over Your Degree Audit Report (DAR)
- Access your DAR through the Student Services area of WaveNet by clicking on the "Degree Audit" link.
- Click here for an online guide that explains how to read your Degree Audit Report.
2. Build a Course Schedule and Choose Alternate Course Options
- Review the Schedule of Classes in WaveNet. Click on Student Services, then either Add a Class or Wishlist.
- Note the available courses that you need in the Schedule of Classes and use these course options to begin building your schedule. If a "must have" course is not available, contact the Division Office that offers the course to see when it will be offered in the future.
- Select several alternate courses that will fit around your "must have" classes to use in the event that a particular course you selected closes before you register.
3. Clear All Registration Holds
- Prior to the beginning of pre-registration, visit the Student Services area of WaveNet to see if you have any registration holds.
- Resolve any holds that appear prior to your registration time by contacting the department that placed the hold.
- Students with less than 60 units completed must be cleared for registration by their advisor. Students enrolled in a First-Year Seminar may be cleared by their seminar professor.
4. How to add/drop during the designated period.
5. Before you modify your schedule, please keep in mind the following:
- Dropping below 12 units or registering in more than 18 units will affect your charges and financial aid.
- If you withdraw from all of your courses for the semester, you will incur a $150 withdrawal fee.
- Be sure to check that your desired class is open before you drop one in which you are already enrolled.
6. View Your New Schedule
- Visit the Student Services area of WaveNet and view your student schedule.