In summer 2016, Pepperdine launched bold plans to modernize Payson Library, build the new Seaside Residence Hall at Seaver College, and renovate the Caruso Auditorium and Lon V. Smith Atrium at the Caruso School of Law. These transformative construction projects, among the largest the University had undertaken in more than a decade, reinvigorated the Malibu campus experience for the student community as Pepperdine ushers in a new era of growth and welcomes the next generation of Pepperdine Waves.
Payson Library returned to service in fall 2017, featuring a completely modernized interior designed to foster collaboration and a more open study environment for students. The construction of Seaside Residence Hall—a new suite-style housing complex—and state-of-the-art renovations to the Caruso School of Law's most widely used spaces were completed for the opening of the 2018–2019 academic year.
The University continues to work diligently to minimize disruptions on campus related to construction. Some ancillary sites on campus, including parking lots and other academic and operational buildings, will continue to be affected by preparations and construction, and to accommodate the surge space for temporary locations. At times, construction vehicles and materials may occupy space on campus roads and in campus parking lots, and detours and traffic pattern changes may be implemented around campus.
As construction projects continue to develop, project descriptions, estimated timelines, impact maps, surge space and relocation details, parking lot closures and alternatives, and other construction details will be available on this page. Updated construction information is also available on Twitter by following @PepConstruction.
For questions or comments, contact the Office of Planning, Operations, and Construction at 310.506.4581 or ConstructionUpdates@pepperdine.edu.
News and Announcements
- Enhanced Parking and Storage - Notice of Impending Development (11/11/20)
- Enhanced Parking and Storage - Application for Amendment to Pepperdine University Long Range Development Plan / Notice of Impending Development (November 2020)
- Campus Life Project - Student Housing Wellness Center - Notice of Impending Development 1-20 (7/01/20)
- Enhanced Parking and Storage - Notice of Determination (06/01/20)
- Construction Update Residential Area Power Outage (04/13/18)
- Construction Update SCE Power Outage (12/13/17)
- Construction Update Enhanced Recreation Area (08/02/17)
- Construction Update Campus Globe Light Replacement Project (07/06/17)
- Construction Update Gas Infrastructure Upgrades (06/19/17)
- Construction Update New Residence Hall (06/06/17)
- Construction Update Caruso School of Law (05/16/17)
- Construction Update Payson Library (03/20/17)
Calendar of Events
No upcoming events.