- .avi, .jpg, .gif, .png
- Only the above file formats will be accepted. Do not submit content in any other format.
- 727 x 558 pixels (content submitted in other sizes will be shrunk or stretched to fit this size and may not appear on screens as intended)
- In general, we suggest using no more than 6 words across and 4 lines of text. Please use your best judgment and try to use as few words as possible while still retaining the message. Remember that each slide will display for approximately 10-20 seconds. Remember that you can always direct the audience to your Web site for more information.
- Videos should be no longer than 90 seconds, with exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.
- Videos must have their volume equalized (e.g., if your content contains both music and spoken word, all volumes must be at the same level; this is to ensure that viewers will be able to hear the entire video).
- All files should be no larger than 5 megs, with exceptions made on a case-by-case basis. Note: the content submission form only allows uploads of up to 5 MB (megabytes). Emails regarding exceptions should be sent to the University administrator.
- If you use an image in your design, its resolution should be at least 72 dpi (dots
- Note: the actual size of the image you use is important. A small image at 72 dpi will pixelate when enlarged. Instead, begin with a large image and scale down as necessary. Files containing pixilated images will be returned. It is better to have no images at all than to have pixilated or otherwise distorted images.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- a.) Any images used in the display design are either copyright-free.
- b.) You have obtained written permission to use the image.
- While sizes vary depending on font selection, as a general rule a font size of at least 40 points should be used. Please use large type for readability.
- It is often helpful to add a shadow to your text.
- Select a font color that is in strong contrast to the background color(s).
- Below is a list of fonts that have been successfully used in previous slides. This
list is not exhaustive, and you are welcome to use other fonts. Please be sure to
select fonts and sizes that are legible.
- Bookman Old Style
- Times New Roman
- Poor Richard
- Arial Black
- Britannic Bold
- Brush Script (for titles)
- Hobo Std
- In addition to ensuring that your content complies with the guidelines set forth above, please be sure to proofread and edit before submission. If your piece has typographical errors, lacks required information, or is otherwise inconsistent with the guidelines, it will be returned to you for additional adjustments.
- If your content is promoting an event, please be sure to include the following information: who, where, when, what, sponsoring department or organization, and any other pertinent information (cost, parking, etc.).
- Maximum resolution should be used to preserve visual quality. Content that is submitted displaying poor quality may be returned.
- Avoid using an all-white or mostly-white background. White backgrounds will not display as vibrantly as using a darker background with lighter text.
- In accordance with the University Style Guide, the following should be observed:
- a.m. and p.m. (preferred) or AM and PM, but not am and pm
- Single, rather than double spaces should be used.
- Use appropriate names for schools, buildings, rooms, and personal titles.
Within two business days of submission, the content will be published or the author will be contacted if further information is required.
- If the content does not meet the guidelines, it will be returned to the original author with an explanation.
- Dated content will be displayed for a maximum of one week prior to the event, and will be removed at midnight on the day of the event.
- Content that advertises a recurring event will be scheduled accordingly.
- Non-dated content (e.g., a news announcement) will run for a maximum of three days.