New Employee Orientation
The New Employee Orientation (NEO) is designed to provide new members of the Pepperdine community an opportunity to become familiar with the culture and mission of the University, learn job processes specific to Pepperdine policy, as well as recognize professional expectations all University faculty and staff. All new regular and temporary employees should attend NEO, though temporary employees with work assignments of less than two weeks are invited, but not required, to attend the orientation. Please contact Human Resources to confirm your assigned orientation date.
Topics covered at NEO include:
- Pepperdine University history, culture, and mission
- Equal opportunity and diversity training information
- Mandatory sexual harassment prevention training information
- Payroll/Kronos policies and procedures
- University-wide expectations, performance assessments, tuition remission
- Malibu campus tour
- Risk management related items (general and University specific)
- Wellness opportunities
- Benefits package for regular employees
What to bring:
New employees should bring documentation for an I-9 form (proof of Right to Work in the United States) and a voided check to set up direct payroll deposit. The list of acceptable documents that you could bring can be found here.
For more information on the New Employee Orientation, please click here.
For action items to help make your transition to Pepperdine smoother, please review the New Employee Checklist.