During the month of April, Human Resources will be offering and highlighting additional opportunities to prioritize your retirement. Whether you are just starting to save or nearly ready to retire, take advantage of one-on-one consulting, on-demand educational webinars, or MetLife’s four-part Retirewise workshop series.
Transamerica retirement consultants will visit campus during the first and final weeks of April and have options for both English and Spanish speakers. Ronee and Maribel are able to answer questions you have related to your retirement plan through Transamerica.
Additionally, a MetLife representative will be on the Malibu campus on April 18 & 19, offering a series of sessions for those interested in learning more about their retirement journey. Please note these sessions are progressive and it is requested that you attend all four, over the course of two days. Registration is required, and lunch will be provided each day.
- Building Your Foundation – Understand your financial and retirement planning basics by creating a budget, and learn about compound interest, tax diversification, and inflation.
- Creating and Managing Wealth – Review the principles of investing including how to get started, different types of investments, and their common risks and strategies.
- Establishing Your Retirement Income Stream - Learn how to examine risks, manage assets and structure a retirement income stream to address your retirement needs and wants.
- Making the Most of What You Have – Review Pepperdine’s benefits and how they can fit into your plan while also covering estate planning, Medicare options, and life and disability income insurance.
Please follow the links below to register:
April 18 & 19 — MetLife Retirewise | Fireside Room, TCC 110 | 11 AM - 1:30 PM (Lunch from 12 - 12:30 PM)
April 4 & 25 — Ronee Dakin, Transamerica Retirement Consultant | Lamb Conference Room, TAC 1st Floor
April 6 & 27 — Maribel Robel, Transamerica Retirement Consultant (se habla español) | Lamb Conference Room, TAC 1st Floor
Additional on-demand resources:
- Smart Money Moves in Your 20s and 30s (Spanish version)
- Smart Money Moves in Your 40s, 50s, 60s and Beyond (Spanish version)
- A Parent’s Guide to Kids & Money
- Preparing to Care for an Aging Parent
- Get Ready to Retire (This presentation is unique to Pepperdine and designed for those nearing retirement)