Introducing Pepperdine’s New URL Shortener Tool
URLs are one of the most important aspects of your marketing strategy. From the perspective of a website visitor, URLs must be on brand, credible and easily digestible for visitors to engage with. As a marketer, URLs must be able to provide the proper tracking and reporting to measure all digital marketing effort’s return on investment. IMC has noticed a significant gap in tracking and reporting on Pepperdine’s marketing efforts, because of this IMC has decided to purchase a URL Shortener tool called Rebrandly to bridge the reporting gap and to gain better insight on all marketing efforts. This URL Shortener allows IMC to brand, track and share short URLs using a branded domain name (go.pepperdine.edu), where all marketers can request custom URLs to better measure marketing engagements.
Why use it?
- Branding and Credibility - Visitors need trust in URLS before clicking on links.
- Tracking - Allows marketers to track marketing efforts and engagement.
- Integration of UTMs - A link shortener allows you to hide, or mask, your parameters behind the new shorter version.
- Ease of Use - Shorterand cleaner URLs and out of the box QR codes
Where to use it?
- The URL Shortner can be used for all marketing and event campaigns.
- Social media posts when the link is visible in the post.
- Print flyers, banners, video, radio, and outdoor advertising.
How to request a Short URL
To obtain a shortened URL, please visit the Community URL Shortener page for more information.