Pepperdine University Social Media
IMC manages and promotes the following official Pepperdine channels:
Social Media Committee
The Social Media Committee is a sub-committee of the Integrated Marketing Group that:
- Supports the University community in using social media to further the Pepperdine mission and advance its strategic plan.
- Contributes to the recommendation of social media policy and guidelines for the University.
- Contributes to research related conversation and new advances in social media tools and mediums.
- Serves as a place to share ideas for school/department specific campaigns and initiatives.
The committee, which meets monthly includes content creators from across the University including the five schools, athletics, and alumni affairs:
|Sarah Dillion, Chair||Social Media Manager||Pepperdine IMC|
|Elyse Jankowski||Associate Director Communications and PR||Pepperdine IMC|
|Joy Qiao||Assistant Director, Marketing and Communications||Alumni Relations|
|Nadia Kelifa||Manager, Content and Social Media||Graziadio Business School|
|Manager of Marketing and Communication||School of Public Policy|
|Cathy Javier||Manager, Digital Marketing||Graduate School of Education and Psychology|
|Nikiko Burnett||Content Manager||Caruso School of Law|
|Brooke Tomilin||Marketing Coordinator - Enrollment Management||Seaver Admissions|
|Morgan Davenport||Director of Digital Content,||Athletics|
|Molly Fitzpatrick||Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications||Seaver College Alumni Relations|
|Jeffrey Bowen||Director, Library Programming and Public Affairs||University Libraries|
|Irma Rivera||Interim Publicity Manager||Center for the Arts|
What is the purpose of social media at Pepperdine University?
At Pepperdine University, we commit to the following five strategic goals:
- Advancing learning, knowledge, and scholarship
- Developing resources
- Building community
- Respecting diversity and promoting global understanding
- Honoring God and heritage
We believe the strategic plan of Pepperdine University, including our commitment to those five themes specifically can be strengthened through social media internally and externally through the following goals:
- Increase recruitment for Pepperdine University's undergraduate and graduate schools
- Strengthen Pepperdine University's national reputation
- Increase engagement among target audiences such as prospective students, current students, faculty/staff, parents, alumni and donors
- Establish affinity through similar qualities, ideas, or interest with target audiences
- Strengthen, promote and support fundraising efforts for Pepperdine University
How are Pepperdine University's social media accounts managed?
Main Pepperdine University accounts are managed by the University's social media manager who is a part of the Integrated Marketing Communications team. All other official Pepperdine accounts are managed and monitored by official representatives across the various schools, departments, and campus organizations. Social media representatives from the University's five schools, athletics, and alumni affairs staff participate in Pepperdine's social media committee that meets monthly.
What type of content will I find on Pepperdine's social media accounts?
Content found on the Pepperdine social media accounts includes, but is not limited to, University news, community events, thoughts related to higher education, engagement opportunities, student and alumni stories, and landscape/campus shots.
Seaver College Hashtags
Pepperdine New Student Orientation #PepperdineNSO
Pepperdine Commencements #PeppGrad23