Pepperdine OUTLaw exists to discuss LGBT-related legal issues and to provide a networking forum for legal employment and professional development purposes.
It strives to educate and provide support to the Caruso School of Law regarding LBGT issues through its activities such as hosting speakers, workshops and participating in volunteer opportunities.
ANY Pepperdine Law student, faculty member, or guest is welcome.
Los Angeles Resources
- Lesbian and Gay Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Its mission is to provide a strong leadership presence of and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered persons in the legal profession and in the community at large, through education, legal advocacy, and participation in political and civic activities and social functions.
- Orange County Lavender Bar Association
- Its the official association of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allied attorneys, judges, and law students in Orange County. OCLBA produces a dynamic series of programs that connect the bar and lay communities in Orange County to advocacy, education, charity, mentorship, networking, and community building activities that advance LGBT equality.
- National LGBT Bar Association
- The National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Bar Association is a national association of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals, law students, activists, and affiliate lesbians, gay, bisexual, transgender legal organizations. The LGBT Bar promotes justice in and through the legal profession for the LGBT community in all its diversity. Pepperdine is part of the Southwest Region.
- Lavender Law
- An annual program, Lavender Law features a full schedule regarding legal employment information for LGBT individuals. There is also an annual career fair aimed to welcome the diversity offered by LGBT individuals into the legal field.
- ABA Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Lawyers Portal
- The ABA is committed to promote full and equal participation in the legal profession by persons of differing sexual orientations and gender identities.
- The Williams Institute
- The Williams Institute advances sexual orientation law and public policy through rigorous, independent research and scholarship, and disseminates it to judges, legislators, policymakers, media, and the public. A national think tank at UCLA Law, the Williams Institute produces high quality research with real-world relevance.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- The mission of the Los Angeles County Bar Association is to meet the professional needs of Los Angeles lawyers and advance the administration of justice.
- Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center
- The Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center provides a broad array of services for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Its clinic and on-site pharmacy offers free and low-cost health, mental health, HIV/AIDS medical care and HIV/STD testing and prevention.
- ACLU of Southern California
- The ACLU was founded to defend and secure rights and to extend them to people who have been excluded from their protection. It accomplishes this by lobbying, public education, and litigation.
- Lamda Legal
- A well-known national legal organization focused on protecting LGBT rights.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR)
- The National Center for Lesbian Rights is a national legal organization committed to advancing the civil and human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their families through litigation, public policy advocacy, and public education.