Phi Alpha Delta
Welcome to the homepage of Pepperdine's Shepherd Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta, Law Fraternity International.
Phi Alpha Delta is the largest legal fraternity in the world - located at over 200 law schools in the United States alone. Our chapter, has almost 300 alumni members and potential contacts for career opportunities. Approximately 1 out of 6 licensed attorneys in the US are members of Phi Alpha Delta.
P.A.D. Declaration of Purpose
The purpose of this Fraternity shall be to form a strong bond uniting students and teachers of the law with members of the Bench and Bar in a fraternal fellowship designed to advance the ideals of liberty and equal justice under law; to stimulate excellence in scholarship; to inspire the virtues of compassion and courage; to foster integrity and professional competence; to promote the welfare of its members; and to encourage their moral, intellectual, and cultural advancement; so that each member may enjoy a lifetime of honorable professional and public service.
"Service to the Student, the School, the Profession and the Community"
Benefits of Membership
- Great Networking Opportunities. One out of every six licensed attorneys in the United States is a member of Phi Alpha Delta. Many are more than willing to help out fellow members.
- Professor Specific Outlines: Phi Alpha Delta members have access to an outline bank containing professor specific outlines for most 1L classes as well as upper division required courses and electives.
- 1Ls: Discounts on appellate brief binding. We also have case briefing workshops, outlining workshops, practice Moot Court sessions for your Appellate Brief, finals strategy sessions, etc.
- Charity Work: As the motto states, Phi Alpha Delta is dedicated to service to the community. This means involvement in charity benefits and activities.
- Meet Members from other local chapters in the area - always a great way to meet other law students.
- Educational Workshops: This is a benefit for 1L's. Prior to the assignment of the open memo, Phi Alpha Delta hosts a workshop on legal writing for all members. This includes tips and helpful suggestions for memo success. Other workshops are also planned for the rest of the year.
- Nationwide Contacts: A list of PAD alums can be provided to you based on zip code. If you are looking for PAD alums anywhere in the United States, we can provide this for you.
Many Other Benefits are provided by nationals as well.
How to Join
To join, please visit http://shop.pad.org/ebusiness/NewUser/Index.aspx to submit an application online and pay the one-time international dues. Be sure to select "LAW" and the SHEPHERD CHAPTER from the dropdown menu. Once this step is completed, e-mail a copy of the membership/payment confirmation to email@example.com or print it and bring it with you to initiation.
International dues include a one time payment of $85 for new members, or $65 for pre-law members transitioning to law school. It is a lifetime membership and well worth this one time payment.