Forms and Resources
- Form A1 - Dissertation Committee Petition
- Form A2 - Petition to Reconstitute Committee
- Form P1 - Proposed Study Description
- Form P2 - Preliminary Oral Exam Schedule Request
- Form P3 - Preliminary Oral Exam Completion
- Form F1 - Final Oral Defense Schedule Request
- Form F2 - Information for Final Defense Announcement
- Form F3 - Final Oral Defense Completion
- Form F4 - Manuscript Approval
- Form F5 - APA Clearance Form
- APA Dissertation Submission Form
- Intent to Graduate Form (Graduation Application)
- Writing Support Resources - Downloadable resources, sample doctoral dissertations and a list of independent text and APA editors.
- Dissertation Clearance Guide for Education 2018 - comprehensive overview of the APA Review process from submission to clearance.
- Dissertation Format Requirements Manual 2017
- Sample Education Division Preliminary Pages 2018
- TurnItIn - Plagiarism checker for your dissertation and/or research papers.
- Visit the APA Style web page for free resources, tutorials, and to purchase the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed.
- The APA Style Blog offers current insights from APA experts, including weekly posts that expand on a variety of APA Style guidelines.
- ProQuest/UMI Copyright Guide: Copyright and Your Dissertation
- ProQuest/UMI Guide: Preparing Your Manuscript for Submission
- Preparing your Dissertation for APA Review PPT
Institutional Review Board (IRB) /Human Subjects
In accordance with Federal Guidelines all research involving human subjects must consider how subjects are being protected from harm. No phase of research involving any type of interaction with human subjects may begin until the student's proposal has been reviewed by the Graduate and Professional Schools Institutional Review Board (GPS IRB).
Further details regarding the IRB process can be found here