Forms and Resources
- Appendix A - Psy.D. Program Clinical Dissertation Chair Information
- Appendix B-1 - Petition for Constitution of Clinical Dissertation Committee
- Appendix B-2 - Petition for Change in Constitution of Clinical Dissertation Committee
- Appendix C-1 - Preliminary Oral Examination Completion - Systematic Review Methodology
- Appendix C-2 - Preliminary Oral Examination Completion - Research Emphasis Option
- Appendix D - Final Oral Examination Completion
- Appendix D-1 - Petition to Conduct Final Oral Defense Electronically
- Appendix E - Approval of Final Dissertation Manuscript and Clearance
- Appendix F - Petition for PSY 800 "Research Emphasis" Dissertation Option
- APA Dissertation Submission Form
- Graduation Application (Intent to Graduate Form)
- Writing Support Resources - downloadable resources, sample doctoral dissertations and a list of independent text and APA editors.
- TurnItIn - Plagiarism checker for your dissertation and/or research papers.
- Psy.D. Clinical Dissertation Handbook for class beginning September 2017 or before (May 2017 Revision)
- Psy.D. Clinical Dissertation Handbook for classes beginning September 2018 or later (September 2019 Revision)
- Dissertation Clearance Guide for Psychology - comprehensive overview of the review process from initial submission to APA clearance.
- Dissertation Format Requirements Manual
- Sample Psychology Division Preliminary Pages
- Visit the APA Style web page for free resources, tutorials, and to purchase the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed.
- The APA Style Blog offers current insights from APA experts, including weekly posts that expand on a variety of APA Style guidelines.
- ProQuest/UMI Copyright Guide: Copyright and Your Dissertation
- ProQuest/UMI Guide: Preparing Your Manuscript for Submission
- Preparing your Dissertation for APA Review PPT
All psychology GSEP students submitting expedited or full review IRB applications must first submit their research proposals to the Psychology Methods Review Committee for approval before submitting the proposal for GPS IRB review.
For information about the Psychology Methods Review Committee, contact Dr. Cary Mitchell at 310-506-8553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of the GPS IRB process and application forms are available at the Graduate and Professional Schools IRB Community webpage
Institutional Review Board (IRB) /Human Subjects Research
In accordance with Federal Guidelines all research involving human subjects must consider how subjects are being protected from harm. No phase of research involving any type of interaction with human subjects may begin until the student's proposal has been reviewed by the Graduate and Professional Schools Institutional Review Board (GPS IRB).
For more information about the IRB process, click here.