Psychology Dissertation Support Forms and Resources
- Appendix A - Psy.D. Program Clinical Dissertation Chair Information
- Appendix B-1 - Petition for Constitution of Clinical Dissertation Committee
- Appendix B-2 - Petition for Change in Constitution of Clinical Dissertation Committee
- Appendix C-1 - Preliminary Oral Examination Completion - Systematic Review Methodology
- Appendix C-2 - Preliminary Oral Examination Completion - Research Emphasis Option
- Appendix D - Final Oral Examination Completion
- Appendix D-1 - Petition to Conduct Final Oral Defense Electronically
- Appendix E - Approval of Final Dissertation Manuscript and Clearance
- Appendix F - Petition for PSY 800 "Research Emphasis" Dissertation Option
- APA Dissertation Submission Form 2023
- Graduation Application (Intent to Graduate Form)
- Writing Support Resources - downloadable resources, sample doctoral dissertations and a list of independent text and APA editors.
- TurnItIn - Plagiarism checker for your dissertation and/or research papers.
- Psy.D. Clinical Dissertation Handbook for classes beginning Fall 2022 or later (September 2022 Revision)
- Preparing for Dissertation Clearance Webinar on YouTube
- Dissertation Clearance Guide for Psychology 2023 - comprehensive overview of the review process from initial submission to APA clearance.
- Dissertation Format Requirements Manual 2023 - Updated with APA 7th edition formatting.
- Sample Psychology Division Preliminary Pages 2023 - Templates for title page up to abstract and appendices.
- Visit the APA Style Website for free resources, tutorials, and to purchase the latest edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- The APA Style Blog offers current insights from APA experts, including weekly posts that expand on a variety of APA Style guidelines.
- ProQuest Guide: Copyright and Your Dissertation
- ProQuest Guide: Preparing Your Manuscript for Submission
- Author Pricing for Printed Copies
- Pepperdine ProQuest Publishing Guide
All psychology GSEP students submitting expedited or full review IRB applications must first submit their research proposals to the Psychology Methods Review Committee for approval before submitting the proposal for GPS IRB review.
For information about the Psychology Methods Review Committee, contact Dr. Cary Mitchell at 310-506-8553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of the GPS IRB process and application forms are available at the Graduate and Professional Schools IRB Community webpage
Institutional Review Board (IRB) /Human Subjects Research
In accordance with Federal Guidelines all research involving human subjects must consider how subjects are being protected from harm. No phase of research involving any type of interaction with human subjects may begin until the student's proposal has been reviewed by the Graduate and Professional Schools Institutional Review Board (GPS IRB).