Financial Wellness Resources
The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau defines financial wellness as “the feeling of having financial security and financial freedom of choice, in the present and when considering the future.” Factors such as income, age, expenses, debt, and assets held all affect your financial wellness. It is important to take an accurate assessment of your finances while determining what goals you have. Some considerations for your own financial wellness may include budgeting your income and expenses each month, preparing financially for emergencies, accessing the information and tools necessary to make good financial decisions, or reviewing your retirement plan for the future.
Pepperdine offers resources to those at different points in their financial journey, which include banking, investing, and budgeting education, direct contributions to your 403(b) plan, and available financial experts to help you prepare for retirement. In partnership with Transamerica Financial Services, we hope you can find benefit from the below resources that surround a multitude of topics including home and car buying, personal finance and budgeting, and other important financial topics.
- 7 Steps for Buying a Home
- A comprehensive how-to guide with checklists and important reminders surrounding what you need to buy a home.
Saving For Your Child's Education
- Making Sense Out of Saving For College
- An educational guide from Transamerica on education savings plans to plan for future education-related expenses tied to your children.
- The Milestones of Retirement
- A simple quick guide on important ages to keep in mind as you reach age 50 and higher and the accompanying information you should know.
- Personal Document Locator
- A helpful checklist and guide to keeping track of your important health and financial related documents.
- Beneficiary Review Worksheet
- A personalized checklist of accounts you need to have beneficiaries set up and a way to track who are your beneficiaries.
- Guardianship, Power of Attorneys, and Advanced Health Directives
- A comprehensive guide to ensuring your estate, assets, and other resources have firm paths to follow in the event you are unable to make decisions.
Recorded Transamerica Sessions
- RetireWise Series
- Spanish Speaking Professionals Retirement Education