Practice Healthy Habits
- Take care of your body. Drink plenty of fluids, get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and eat nutritious foods. Participate in various resources from Pepperdine's Campus Recreation department.
- Stay mentally healthy. Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including those on social media. For relaxation, light a candle or set up a diffuser with a calming scent, such as lavender.
- Make time to unwind. Pursue activities that you enjoy such as reading a book, cooking a healthy meal, taking a walk outside, or playing games with loved ones. Listen to calming sounds, such as nature sounds, when going to sleep.
- Seek out resources. Rewatch previous Pepperdine webinars on various topics such as navigating relationships, leading through fearful times, and performance management.
- Practice mindfulness. Take deep breaths, stretch, work out, or meditate. Use online resources such as LinkedIn Learning, for free learning, meditation, and virtual exercise programs. Surround your space with bright colors that bring positivity. The Thrive Wellness Program also has LinkedIn Learning Paths specifically devoted to the yearly wellness topics.
- Create a routine. Log your healthy habits on the HealthAdvocate website to maintain accountability.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about how you are feeling. Reference resources or articles on managing stress through the HealthAdvocate website.
- Ask a professional for help. Call your healthcare provider or the Employee Assistance Program if stress gets in the way of your daily activities. Call 866-799-2728 to make a free, confidential appointment for you or your dependent(s) through EAP.
This information has been offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Telemedicine and Healthcare
Speak with a doctor quickly and without having to go to the office! Both Kaiser and Anthem members have access to medical professionals through telemedicine, details below. Additionally, the testing and treatment of Coronavirus are 100% covered by Pepperdine plans.
Live Health Online
A quick and free sign-up gives Anthem members and non-members 24/7 access to doctors through LiveHealth Online. Once on the platform, most people can video chat with a doctor through their smartphone, tablet, or computer in 10 minutes or less. Access the LiveHealth Online app, visit livehealthonline.com, or call 1-888-548-3432.
Kaiser members can schedule a telephone or video appointment and expect their doctor to call during a one-hour window. Typically, members must have had at least one face-to-face visit to schedule a tele-appointment. For more information, call the number on the back of your membership card or visit https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/get-care.
Kaiser members have access to the Calm and myStrength apps at no cost. These helpful self-care tools can help you ease anxiety, sleep better, and improve focus. For more information, please visit kp.org/selfcareapps.
Kaiser members also have access to ClassPass at no cost. This helpful exercise tool gives members access to over 4,000 on-demand fitness classes, such as cardio, dance, meditation, yoga, and Pilates from top gyms and fitness studios. For more information, please visit kp.org/exercise.