Data should be housed in the primary database, not in an ad hoc environment to protect the contact's personal information from theft or misuse. Pepperdine University has three primary sources of information, including:
- Raiser's Edge: Alumni
- PeopleSoft: Faculty and Staff, Enrolled Students
- Salesforce: Prospective Students
All information will be managed with respect to the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, and unsubscription requests will be respected within 10 days of the subscriber's request.
Use active and accurate information.
- Regularly run updated queries to provide up-to-date lists for execution.
- Run campaigns for individuals to update their information in our systems, i.e., Students, Alumni, etc.. We want the most up-to-date email and physical address in our systems.
Sourcing Your Data
All data uploaded to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud will require an identified source. This is applicable to both internal and external audiences. Internal audiences may be defined and sourced from any of the following;
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Raisers EdgeNXT
For inquiries of other acceptable data sources, please contact Kyle Dusek.
When using data that has been purchased apply the data to a subscription, or opt-in, campaign redirecting individuals to opt-into all or specific communication types.
- This data should be used once with a clear identification of its purpose as a solicitation and must provide an opt-out for the recipient.
- The data must be verified for valid email addresses, and this may take several business days to process dependent upon the size of the dataset.
- To contact any individual on a purchased list more than one time, you must attain an 'Affirmative Consent' from the recipient.
Email lists can be built a number of ways, and could include people who have:
- Purchased something from you
- Subscribed via your website
- Signed up for your product
- Given you their business card at an event
- Subscription Management