Please note that we do not endorse a particular online tool or tutorial but offer them as potential resources for students to explore. We recommend consulting with your professors for further guidance and support as needed.
Academic Success Coaching
You can book a free, one-on-one appointment to discuss personalized strategies for your academic success at emilyguetzoian.youcanbook.me. Strategies may include goal-setting, time management tips, and resources to successfully navigate the graduate school environment.
Each edition of the Graziadio Insider e-newsletter includes a section dedicated to Student Success topics and resources designed to help you improve your writing, academic, and communication skills. The blog post dates, topics, and content are available at the following links:
- March 30, 2020 - Tips to Prepare for Final Exams, Presentations, and Papers
- April 6, 2020 - How to Celebrate Your Graduation in Quarantine
- May 11, 2020 - Writing to Support Your Mindset
- May 18, 2020 - Self-Motivation vs. Self-Discipline
- June 1, 2020 - Summer Term is Almost Half Over - Now What?
- June 8, 2020 - Note-Taking Tips
- June 15, 2020 - Improving Your Concentration
- June 22, 2020 - Succeeding in Group Projects
- June 29, 2020 - 10 Steps for Writing a Terrific Paper
- July 13, 2020 - Overcoming Procrastination
- July 27, 2020 - 5 Tips to Increase Your Productivity
- August 10, 2020 - Tips for Success During Finals Week
- August 17, 2020 - Goal-Setting for a New Term
- September 7, 2020 - Guidance to Using a Syllabus
- September 28, 2020 - How to Clean up Your Writing
- October 5, 2020 - Concentration Tips for Online Classes
- October 19, 2020 - A Road Map of the Writing Process
English as a Second Language (ESL) Resources
- Owl Purdue Exercises
- Grammar Resource Site by Rong Chang Lee, Ph.D. - provides extensive information on common areas of concern for ESL students, with a focus on grammar and style
- Capital Community College ESL Grammar Quizzes - a comprehensive collection of grammar quizzes aimed at identifying and remedying common grammar issues; each quiz represents a different area of focus
- DuoLingo Language-Learning App
- "Slangman" Weekly Slang & Idiom Youtube Videos
- "ESL Pod" Audio Lesson Podcast
- Word of the Day Email Subscription
- Twitter Pages to Follow - @BBCLE (BBC Learning English) and @English11Daily
Research & Data Analytics Support
- Graziadio Library InfoGuides
- Bloomberg Terminals
- Zotero - a free tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share research
- Data Visualization TED Talks - David McCandless & Hans Rosling
- Argus Portfolio Management Software (for Real Estate students)
- Tableau Data Visualization Software
- Python Business Analytics Platform
- LinkedIn Learning - R Programming Language for Data Science
- Decision Trees - How to Visualize Decisions
- SWOT Analysis Information
- LinkedIn Learning - Learning Data Visualizations
Peer Evaluations & Peer Feedback
- Carleton College - Guidelines for Students When Giving Peer Review
- Graziadio Insider Article - Guidelines for Providing Peer Feedback
- Graziadio Insider Article - Supporting Your Online Learning Success
- Graziadio Insider Article - Staying Motivated During Online Learning
- Graziadio Insider Article - Online Resources and Goal-Setting
- Graziadio Insider Article - Online Communication Etiquette
- Graziadio Insider Article - E-Learning Tips
- Video - "How to Succeed in Remote Learning or an Online Class"
- Video - "5 Simple Strategies for Actually Learning in Online Classes"
- Video - "How to Stay Awake in your Online Lectures"
- The Pepperdine University Bookstore sells items such as webcams, headphones, and microphones
- Proctortrack Online Exam Platform - Student Guide and Student Demo Video
- Sakai ("Courses") - Orientation Video
- WaveNet Student Guides
- PGBS Technical Support
Office of Student Accessibility (OSA)
The school is committed to providing services and accommodations in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, which is facilitated through the Office of Student Accessibility (OSA). They provide services and accommodations for qualified students, such as extended time on exams and quizzes, distraction-reduced environments for exams and quizzes, or alternative text. If you would like more information about the services available and how to register with OSA, please visit their website for more information. You can contact the OSA by email at email@example.com.
All students may benefit from study tips and learning strategies, which are available on the OSA Community website.
Accessibility for Course Technologies
In addition to OSA's services, you can review the accessibility statements and features for the following course technologies:
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Suite