Please note that Pepperdine Graziadio does not endorse a particular online tool or tutorial but offers them as potential resources for students to explore. We recommend consulting with your professors for further guidance and recommendations specific to your courses.
Wyzant Online Tutoring
Pepperdine Graziadio students can request a referral from their professor, academic advisor, or career coach for a limited number of free online tutoring hours through Wyzant. Wyzant tutors are experienced tutors who have been pre-screened to have the appropriate academic and professional credentials to support Pepperdine Graziadio courses. To request a referral, students should connect with their professor, academic advisor, or career coach.
Wyzant tutoring services are available for the following:
- Quantitative subjects such as Accounting, Economics, Decision Sciences, Finance, Statistics, and more
- Academic writing support for class papers and presentations, including help with citations, grammar, mechanics, and writing process
- Resume and cover letter writing support for grammar, mechanics, and writing style
- English as a Second Language (ESL) support for speaking and writing
- LinkedIn Learning - Time Management Fundamentals
- LinkedIn Learning - Proven Tips for Managing Your Time
- Free Time Management Templates
- Tim Urban TED Talk (14 min) - "Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator"
- The "Procrastination Monster"
- Tips for Overcoming Procrastination
- Avoiding Procrastination Module
- Best Productivity Apps
- Self-Motivation vs. Self-Discipline
Study Skills & Test Preparation
- Graduate School Study Tips
- 5 Study Tips for Graduate Students
- Test Taking Tips (from Utah State University)
- Studying Smart Module
- Setting up an effective study space
- Simple Test Anxiety Tips & How not to choke under pressure
- Video - "How to Study for an Exam in any Subject"
- Chegg Prep flashcard tool
Reading Skills & Comprehension
- Scholarly/Article Reading Tips
- Reading Strategies for Graduate Students
- 5 Tips to Increase Your Reading Speed
English as a Second Language (ESL) Resources
- Owl Purdue Exercises
- Grammar Resource Site by Rong Chang Lee, Ph.D. - provides extensive information on common areas of concern for ESL students, with a focus on grammar and style
- Capital Community College ESL Grammar Quizzes - a comprehensive collection of grammar quizzes aimed at identifying and remedying common grammar issues; each quiz represents a different area of focus
- DuoLingo Language-Learning App
- "Slangman" Weekly Slang & Idiom Youtube Videos
- "ESL Pod" Audio Lesson Podcast
- Word of the Day Email Subscription
- Twitter Page to Follow - @BBCLE (BBC Learning English)
Research & Data Analytics Support
- Graziadio Library InfoGuides
- Bloomberg Terminals
- Zotero - a free tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share research
- Data Visualization TED Talks - David McCandless & Hans Rosling
- Argus Portfolio Management Software (for Real Estate students)
- Tableau Data Visualization Software
- Python Programming - Tutorials and Guides
- Qualtrics - Online survey tool
- LinkedIn Learning - R Programming Language for Data Science
- Decision Tree Analysis
- SWOT Analysis Information
- Markup - Visual feedback tool for live websites/images
- LinkedIn Learning - Learning Data Visualizations
Peer Evaluations & Peer Feedback
- Carleton College - Guidelines for Students When Giving Peer Review
- Group Classroom Presentation Sample Rubric
Online Learning Tips
- Setting up an ergonomic workspace at home
- Graziadio Tips for Successful Online Learning
- Video - "How to Succeed in Remote Learning or an Online Class"
- Video - "5 Simple Strategies for Actually Learning in Online Classes"
- Video - "How to Stay Awake in your Online Lectures"
- The Pepperdine University Bookstore sells items such as webcams, headphones, and microphones
- Proctortrack Online Exam Platform - Student Guide and Student Demo Video
- Sakai ("Courses") - Orientation Video
- WaveNet Student Guides
- PGBS Technical Support
Classroom Communication & Etiquette
Classroom Communication & Etiquette Tips
Office of Student Accessibility (OSA)
The school is committed to providing services and accommodations in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, which is facilitated through the Office of Student Accessibility (OSA). They provide services and accommodations for qualified students, such as extended time on exams and quizzes, distraction-reduced environments for exams and quizzes, or alternative text. If you would like more information about the services available and how to register with OSA, please visit their website for more information. You can contact the OSA by email at email@example.com.
All students may benefit from study tips and learning strategies, which are available on the OSA Community website.
Accessibility for Course Technologies
In addition to OSA's services, you can review the accessibility statements and features for the following course technologies:
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Suite