Execution of Documents
General Counsel and Insurance and Risk host periodic Execution of Documents training sessions that cover the basic information needed to execute documents, obtain a satisfactory Certificate of Insurance, and assist in identifying potential risk exposures when committing the University in a contract.
The seminar is designed to help employees understand University contracting policies and thereby reduce liability exposure to Pepperdine University. This workshop is recommended for every employee who is involved in contracting for goods or services for the benefit of the University or the use of University facilities by third parties.
Materials and resources from this session are available to University staff below.
Video on iTunes U
Please visit Pepperdine University's iTunes U page to view the video of the Spring 2011 training session.
- Use University login information to sign-in to the University Access tab.
- From the University's iTunes U home page, click on the People and Events section.
- Then click the Faculty and Staff Events section.
- Click on the Execution of Documents file to view the video.
Materials and Resources
- Power Point Presentation (Fall 2018 training session)
- Execution of Documents Policy
- Summary of Execution of Documents Policy
- Contracting on Behalf of the University
- Tips for Reviewing Contracts
- Contract Review Summary Form
- Consultant Services Agreement
- Acord Certificate of Insurance
- Sample In-N-Out Contract
- United Educators - Improving Contracting on Campus
- United Educators - Checklist Guide for Reviewing Contracts
- Records Management Policy
- Records Retention Schedule
- Licensing Services Overview