Exercise Catered to You Through Sports Medicine
Have you tried lots of exercise programs, but nothing really stuck? Perhaps it wasn't catered specifically to what motivates YOU - your unique goals and needs – and your starting point with exercise. If you're interested in trying a more comprehensive approach, Seaver College’s Sports Medicine 450 course for the spring 2023 semester is offering a free opportunity for faculty and staff to do just that!
- Get paired with a junior or senior Sports Medicine student for the spring semester
- Walk through wellness coaching questions with the student to find what motivates you to live a healthy life and to determine your health goals
- Participate in a pre-exercise health screening and exercise assessments ranging from walking tests to functional movement tests
- Receive a personalized exercise program at the end of the semester
- Use your exercise program with the student’s guidance for 3 sessions hosted by CrossFit Malibu
I'm interested! What should I do next?
- Ensure you are free to meet with your student at the dates/times below
- Complete this Google form (open January 3 – January 17) to show your interest.
Hurry – space is limited!
All sessions take place during the Sports Medicine 450 lab times (Mondays, 4-5pm) in the Harilela International Tennis (HITS) Fitness Center on the Malibu campus or at the nearby CrossFit Malibu gym:
|January 23||Meet your student|
|February 6||Wellness coaching|
|February 20||Body composition and blood pressure measurements|
|March 13||Cardio, muscular fitness, and balance tests|
|March 27||Flexibility tests; Functional Movement or Senior Fitness test|
|April 3||Exercise with student @ CrossFit Malibu|
|April 10||Exercise with student @ CrossFit Malibu|
|April 17||Exercise with student @ CrossFit Malibu|
If this sounds like the program for you, fill out this Google form today!
All activities will be supervised by the course instructor, Brittni Paris, a certified clinical exercise physiologist and wellness coach.