Before You Go
- Travel Tracker (iSOS) - Be sure you fill out all your relevant trip information by 7 p.m. every Thursday night, even if you are staying in Heidelberg. If you are having issues filling out your travel tracker, please email email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- State Department Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) - The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- U.S. State Department Travel Warnings and Alerts - Sometimes the political or social environment in the countries we plan to visit
can change rapidly making travel potentially dangerous. Click this link to check the
most recent U.S. State Department Travel warnings. Travel to any country featured
on the State Department's travel warning list is forbidden for students, and students
who choose to travel to proscribed locations will receive sanctions, which can include
dismissal from an International Program (see IP Student Handbook, page 26).
Visiting other Programs
- Pepperdine Reservation Request Forms - Fill out these forms to request accommodations at another of our university's houses in Florence, Lausanne or London. Requests are due on Tuesday at 5 p.m. before the weekend you intend to stay. The Program will then notify you via email as soon as possible (usually by Wednesday evening at 6 p.m) whether your request has been granted.
- Please feel free to contact our IT Administrator Christian Seres anytime via
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (be aware that it is not ...@pepperdine.edu)
Visit the IT service provided in the Moore Haus Computer Lab:
Mondays IT service usually at 11 a.m.
Wednesday evenings IT service usually at 7 p.m.
Postage and Packages
- Large/Heavy letters and packages must be weighed at the post office.
- Postal retail outlets can be found with the help of the following link:
- This link helps you find the closest mailbox and it also provides the collection times
for each day:
- If you would like to send a package to Germany, the package value should not exceed EUR 40. If the value of a package is higher than EUR 40, the package will be held back in customs and the person receiving the package will have to pay customs charges.
- If you have a package at the customs office (Zollamt), please drop by the office to
get instructions on how to pick up your package. The package will be returned to sender
after 14 calendar days!
Dischingerstraße 8, Heidelberg
T: 06221 4380730
- In case the fire alarm in Moore Haus suddenly goes off:
1. Check which smoke detector number is shown on the display before pressing the second button from the left on the control panel, NOT the "Reset" button, but rather the button which displays a crossed out horn.
2. This button will silence the alarm for three minutes and at the same time confirm (or show, if that was not the case yet) which smoke detector module initiated the alarm. During these three minutes, take the binder which is on the floor at the foot of the control panel and look for the smoke detector number in the list. Each individual smoke detector number is also written on the smoke detector itself. Since there is a logical progression of numbers throughout the house, this will also help find the right smoke detector.
3. If there is fire or smoke in the area of the smoke detector, call the Fire Department (112).
4. If there is no fire or smoke in the area of the smoke detector, press the "Reset" button until the alarm stops.
5. The Program Assistant or Director will then call "Fire Check" during office hours the following weekday to mention the incident and ask them to come and ascertain what set off the fire alarm.