Academic Plans and Registration
Academic Planning is a degree planning tool that is designed to help students plan and schedule their courses, supporting timely degree completion. While students are empowered to plan and schedule their upcoming academic terms, advisor-student collaboration throughout the planning process is encouraged. The tool is meant to serve as a shared workspace where advisors and students collaborate to foster ongoing communications and to encourage meaningful interactions.
How-To Modify Academic Plans
- Step One: Select a student's profile and click the tab for "Academic Plans."
- Step Two: View the student's proposed academic plan. To make suggestions to the plan, click "Create Suggestion" on the top right hand side of the page.
- Step Three: Move courses to different terms or make comments.
- Step Four: Click the toggle "Compare with Student Plan" to see the difference between the student's original plan and the edits the student will see once the suggestions are entered.
- Step Five: Once all edits have been made, click the "Send Suggestion to [Insert Student Name Here]" button near the top of the page.
- Step Six: Add final notes to the additional comments box and click send. Once sent, your suggestions will be shared with the student.