What is Advanced Search?
Advanced Search allows faculty, staff, and administrators to layer a series of filters onto a specific query in order to customize student searches. Most search filters create AND statements. For example, a search for 'Major Biology' AND 'Classification Junior' will pull a list of junior students in the biology program. Additional filters allow you to create OR statements, where you can make multiple selections within a given field to increase the scope of your search. For example, you can search for a list of students who are either "Pell Eligible" OR on the "Baseball Team."
How Do I Create an Advanced Search?
- Select the magnifying glass icon from the left side navigation.
- Add information to applicable drawers to help direct your search.
- Each drawer contains a collection of filters that can be used alone or in conjunction with other filters to build a customized search. Some fields will require text while others provide options in a drop-down menu.
- Near the bottom of the page, review three additional options to further direct your search.
- Once you have completed all of the fields you would like to search, click search.
Filter Drawers Overview
- Student Information: Use this group of filters to search for students by personal identifying information, such as name, student ID, category, tag, or transfer status.
- Enrollment History: Create logic statements to search for students by their enrollment status in a variety of terms.
- Area of Study: Combine elements of this filter to search for students based on areas of study, including college affiliation, degree, concentration, or major.
- Performance Data: Search using these filters to segment student groups by GPA, credits earned, and hours attempted.
- Term Data: Select conditions within this group of filters to run a search for students using information associated with a specific term.
- Course Data: Utilize this group of filters to query students based on courses, section, and status.
- Assigned To: Enter information into fields in this bucket to pull lists of students assigned to specific advisors, tutors, coaches, or team members.
- Success Indicators: Run a search using these filters to identify students based on predicted risk level or success marker completion status.