What is Advanced Search?
Advanced Search allows faculty and staff to customize student searches using a series of filters. For example, a search for 'Major Biology' AND 'Classification Junior' will pull a list of junior students in the biology program. Additional filters allow you to create OR statements, where you can make multiple selections within a given field to increase the scope of your search. For example, you can search for a list of students who are either "Pell Eligible" OR "First Generation."
How Do I Create an Advanced Search?
- Select the magnifying glass icon from the left side navigation.
- Add information to applicable drawers to help direct your search.
- Always make sure to select the Enrollment History filter and enter the current academic term (i.e. Fall 2021) to ensure the information you are searching for is current.
- Each filter contains a collection of options that can be used alone or in conjunction with other options to build a customized search. Some fields will require text while others provide options in a drop-down menu.
- Near the bottom of the page, review three additional options to further direct your search.
- Once you have completed all of the fields you would like to search, click search.
How Do I Save a Search?
If you frequently use a search to pull a list of students, you can save time by saving your search to the Lists and Searches page in your Navigate Staff portal.
- Once you have clicked Search and a list of students appears on your screen, go to the top of the webpage where it says Unsaved Student Search and click Save.
- Enter the name you would like to title this search and click Save Search.
- To access your Saved Searches, select the bullet-point list icon from the left side navigation.
- When you would like to run your search again, select the name of the Saved Search you would like to run. This will automatically populate a list of students within those same parameters you originally entered.
*Note, always make sure to select the Enrollment History filter and enter the current academic term (i.e. Fall 2021) to ensure the information you are searching for is current.
- Student Information: Use this group of filters to search for students by personal identifying information, such as name, student ID, category, tag, or transfer status.
- Enrollment History: Create logic statements to search for students by their enrollment status in a variety of terms.
- Area of Study: Combine elements of this filter to search for students based on areas of study, including college affiliation, degree, concentration, or major.
- Performance Data: Search using these filters to segment student groups by GPA, credits earned, and hours attempted.
- Term Data: Select conditions within this group of filters to run a search for students using information associated with a specific term.
- Course Data: Utilize this group of filters to query students based on courses, section, and status.
- Assigned To: Enter information into fields in this bucket to pull lists of students assigned to specific advisors, tutors, coaches, or team members.
- Success Indicators: Run a search using these filters to identify students based on predicted risk level or success marker completion status.