- A Driver Status Form must be submitted and approved by the Insurance and Risk department prior to an employee driving any vehicle on behalf of university business.
- Reimbursement is only for mileage driven in excess of your daily commute. Always subtract daily commute when appropriate.
- Mileage Log for Employee Reimbursement
- University Campus to Campus Mileage Rates
- University Mileage Policy
- GSEP Adjunct Mileage Policy
- GSEP Student Mileage Policy
Out of Pocket Reimbursements
Pepperdine University will reimburse employees for out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the execution of University business.
Reimbursement requests are made with Expense Reports through the Travel and Expense Center in PeopleSoft Financials. It is the responsibility of the employee who incurred the expense to collect and organize the appropriate original receipts, and give them to the designated departmental Travel & Expense requestor in a timely manner.
- University Employee Reimbursements Policies
- Reimbursements must be substantiated within 60 days after incurring expense. All expenses must be pre-approved by supervisor or budget manager before the expense is incurred. Receipts submitted after 120 days will be denied for reimbursement, unless a satisfactory explanation as to the delay of submission is established, or supervisor approves of the expense and the employee is given a warning that they will not receive a reimbursement for expenses over 120 days in the future. Reimbursements made after 120 days, will be considered taxable to the employee and the department is charged additional expense for grossing up the payment to the employee.
- GSEP Travel and Entertainment Expense Summary Form (please note that this form is not required - it is an internal form we are providing to aid in organizing and summarizing your reimbursement submissions)
Petty Cash Reimbursement Forms may be submitted to the Cashier's Office with the following criteria:
- $100 maximum for Employee reimbursements
- Non-recurring expense (less than three times per month)
- Original receipts required (except for line items $25 or less)
- Signed by an authorized approver (may not be self-approved)
- Valid Chartfield string
- Travel and Entertainment expenses must be substantiated (i.e. parking, baggage, meals, snacks, food)
- Mileage reimbursement must be substantiated (Reimbursable mileage is only for mileage greater than normally driven between work location and principal residence.) Refer to Mileage Log for Employee Reimbursement form.
- Proper Student Pepperdine ID or Employee Pepperdine ID is required for the named individual or the authorized designate person receiving cash
- Expense must be within 120 days of original date or receipt, travel, or entertainment
Petty Cash reimbursements may not be processed for any of the following:
- Gift cards
- Telephone/Cell Phone/Internet Services
- Excel list of GSEP chartstrings - Chartfield Values - GSEP