Skip to main content
Pepperdine | Community


Before making arrangements with your foreign professor/researcher/staff, please contact the Human Resources.

The Payroll Office will assist you with the following:

  1. We will determine what visa type allows for payments for services rendered.
  2. We will determine if the person is a resident alien or nonresident alien, according to the IRS tax definition. This will be achieved by having the person fill out the Foreign National Information Form.

In order for Payroll to make a determination, they will need to make an appointment with the Payroll Office or send a copy of passport, visa and completed Foreign National Information Form  to the Payroll office. To assure that you have the all the information needed to process a payment for an international visitor, please use the following check lists.

Please be sure to check out the visa types to see whether or not the visa permits payment for services rendered.