Becoming Modern-Day Good Samaritans
What is Step Up! Pepperdine?
Step Up! Pepperdine is a bystander intervention program and university-wide initiative that educates members of the Pepperdine community to be proactive in helping each other.
How can you Step Up! and help your friend?
There are several options, depending on the situation.
- Share your concerns directly with your friend
- Refer your friend to the Counseling Center (confidential resource)
- Stop by TCC 270 or call the Counseling Center at 310.506.4210
- Let someone else know
- Call the Title IX Coordinator for Students at 310.506.4436
- Notify your Resident Advisor
- Use the LiveSafe Phone App
- Download for free from the App Store or Google Play and click "Report Tips"
- If there are safety concerns, let Public Safety know by calling 310.506.4441
- In the case of an emergency dial 911.
How can you Step Up! and intervene to prevent harm?
Interrupt the situation and clearly express your concerns to the involved parties.
Use distraction or make up an excuse to interrupt the situation.
Enlist the help of others to help you interrupt a potentially dangerous situation.
To learn more about Step Up! at Pepperdine visit the Step Up! Pepperdine Website.