Becoming Modern-Day Good Samaritans
What is Step Up! Pepperdine?
Step Up! Pepperdine is a bystander intervention program and university-wide initiative
that educates members of the Pepperdine community to be proactive in helping each
How can you Step Up! and help your friend?
There are several options, depending on the situation.
- Share your concerns directly with your friend
- Refer your friend to the Counseling Center (confidential resource)
- Stop by the Student Assistance Center (SAC) or call the Counseling Center at 310.506.4210
- Let someone else know
- Call the University Title IX Coordinator at 310.506.4436
- Notify your Resident Advisor
- Use the LiveSafe Phone App
- Download for free from the App Store or Google Play and click "Report Tips"
- If there are safety concerns, let Public Safety know by calling 310.506.4441
- In the case of an emergency dial 911.
How can you Step Up! and intervene to prevent harm?
Interrupt the situation and clearly express your concerns to the involved parties.
Use distraction or make up an excuse to interrupt the situation.
Enlist the help of others to help you interrupt a potentially dangerous situation.
To learn more about Step Up! at Pepperdine visit the Step Up! Pepperdine Website.
Step Up Leadership Program to Prevent Gender Based Harm
The Step Up Leadership Program was created in the Fall of 2019 to cultivate and enhance the capacity of students' leadership in gender based violence prevention work. This comprehensive training program prepares students to mindfully engage in prevention education at personal, interpersonal and community based levels. Together, each cohort of students work independently and collaboratively to identify strategies that promote community safety and support. All participants that successfully complete this 8 hour leadership training program, will receive a certificate of recognition for this significant achievement.
Step Up Leadership Program Training Spring 2023:
Training Dates (Training will take place via Zoom) *You must complete all training sessions to receive the certificate of recognition.
Friday, March 10th: 10AM-12PM; 1 PM - 3:00 PM
Friday, March 17th 10AM-12 PM; 1 PM - 3:00 PM
To apply to be a Step Up Leader, please fill out the application here.