Refunds for a term will not be processed until after the term begins. Therefore, no refunds will be issued prior to the start of the trimester. A refund also cannot be processed until there is an ending credit balance on the student account.
Refunds for financial aid credit balances are sent automatically to the student (after the add/drop period) unless written notification is submitted to the Student Accounts Office requesting the credit balance to remain on the student's account.
If a credit balance includes a check payment (which is not an overpayment), there is a ten working day waiting period before those funds are cleared by the bank and can be released.
Refunds are issued via:
- Direct deposit to the student's bank account, if a student signs up for the eRefund
option prior to the refund being processed.
Note: To sign up for direct deposit for your refund, go to the Student Center in WaveNet,https://wavenet.pepperdine.edu and click on the "eRefund enrollment and maintenance" link in the Finances section. Make sure to temporarily disable your pop up blocker and have the routing number and account number of your checking or savings account that you wish to have your refund deposited to (must be a United States based bank).
- Physical paper check mailed to the student's local or permanent address if a student is not signed-up for the eRefund option.
Students are encouraged to sign up for eRefund to minimize the refund delivery timeline. Students who are enrolled in eRefund may expect the funds within 3-5 business days after a refund is processed. Students who are not signed up for the eRefund may expect the physical check within 2 weeks after a refund is processed.
Refund Related Disclosures
- Payments in excess of the amounts due may be rejected by the University and returned to the payor. Students are responsible for accurate and timely payments. Any overpayment amounts accepted by the university may be refunded at the end of the term with the student's written request. A $50 processing fee will be deducted from the amount of the refund.
- As part of the refund process, the student's account will be audited and financial aid will be verified before a refund is processed.
- Students who receive refunds generated by student loans should understand that their student loan balance is not reduced by the refund amount unless the student returns the amount to the student loan lender. Students who have received refund checks and who want to reduce their student loan debt may contact the Financial Aid Office at (310) 568-5775 or email GSEPfaid@pepperdine.edu for more information. The Financial Aid Office does not return or reduce amounts of loans for any uncashed refund checks without a request from the student.
- The amount of the refund is based on the tuition charged and financial aid disbursed at the time of processing. If any financial adjustments need to be made to a student's account, the student affected will be notified of the change as quickly as possible. Please be aware that if the student receives a refund with an amount that turns out to have been too large, the student will be responsible for repaying the owing balance based on the established due dates and policies.
To receive a refund for any other credit balance remaining after all charges and credits are processed, the student must make a written request to the Student Accounts Office by email at GSEPSA@pepperdine.edu from the student's Pepperdine email. Any questions regarding refunds may be directed to the Student Accounts Office at (310) 568-5588 or at the above above email.