Pepperdine Graziadio Business School (PGBS) Requirements
Each academic year all PGBS students registered on the Malibu campus, both domestic and international, including those studying abroad, are required to either provide proof of a US-based health insurance plan or enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) through the AHP Insurance Dashboard. This is an annual requirement, and it is highly recommended that all students confirm their health insurance plan includes care close to Malibu. If students choose not to enroll in SHIP, they must provide proof of a US-based health insurance plan through the AHP Insurance Dashboard.
AHP Insurance Dashboard Guidance
To meet the University health insurance requirement, new and returning students must select one of two options on the AHP Insurance Dashboard:
- Confirm the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) option by clicking the ENROLL button, or
- Provide proof of an existing US-based health insurance plan by clicking the WAIVE button
- To log into the system, students will need to enter their Pepperdine campus-wide identification (CWID) number and password. CWID numbers can be found on the front of student ID cards or in the "personal info" section on WaveNet.
- When students first log into the system, their password is their date of birth (MMDDYYYY).
Fall 2021 Waiver Submissions, Deadlines, and Premium Charges
AHP Insurance Dashboard is Open
May 15, 2021 - August 15, 2021: Select one of two options on the AHP Insurance Dashboard to meet the University's health insurance requirement. Students with a health insurance plan comparable to SHIP must complete an online waiver form before the August 15, 2021 waiver deadline.
SHIP Charges Post
August 16, 2021: Fall SHIP charges post to the student accounts of all eligible students who have selected the SHIP option or have not completed an online waiver submission through the AHP Insurance Dashboard and received an approved waiver notification by August 15, 2021.
August 16 - September 5, 2021: Final opportunity for students who have not completed the University's health insurance requirement through the AHP Insurance Dashboard to select from the two available options. Students who select to waive out of the SHIP option, complete a waiver request, and receive an approved waiver notification, will have the premium charges reversed from their student accounts.
Grace Period Ends
September 5, 2021: Charges for SHIP will only be reversed for students who submit proof of insurance through the AHP Insurance Dashboard and receive an approved waiver notification between May 15, 2021, and September 5, 2021. If the waiver is submitted and approved after the August 15, 2021 deadline and SHIP charges post to the student account, the charge will be reversed.
Students who do not provide proof of US-based insurance and have an approved waiver notification through the AHP Insurance Dashboard prior to the end of the Grace Period, September 5, 2021, are automatically enrolled in SHIP to meet the University's health insurance requirement and are responsible for the charge on their student account.
- Graduate: $2,077 (Policy Period: 08/15/21-12/31/21)
- Non-degree and exchange students are not required to provide proof of health insurance coverage and are not eligible to purchase SHIP.
- PGBS students registered on non-Malibu campuses are required to carry health insurance but are not required to provide proof of health insurance coverage and are not eligible for SHIP. Information on state exchange plans can be found on the US health insurance exchange website.
- F1 international students on non-Malibu campuses are eligible to purchase the University's Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) by contacting Academic HealthPlans.
- Students graduating in the fall who enroll in SHIP for the fall 2021 term will have the option to enroll in the spring/summer 2022 SHIP by completing a Continuation Insurance application with Academic HealthPlans by the February 1 enrollment deadline.
To learn more about SHIP, SHIP enrollments, or to access the SHIP brochure, please visit Academic HealthPlans' customer care online resource center.