Congratulations and welcome to Pepperdine University! The Student Health Center is staffed with board-certified physicians, a physician assistant, a registered dietitian-nutritionist, registered nurses, medical assistants, and administrative personnel. The SHC operates similarly to a family physician's office and demonstrates the latest in health standards, allowing students to acquire care from highly trained medical professionals right here on campus. Available services include a wide range of everyday health needs, including men's and women's health, care for illness and injury, immunizations, injections, labs, nutrition, respiratory problems, and dermatology. The SHC also offers specialized clinics such as flu vaccination, travel medicine, massage therapy, and STI/HIV testing.
COVID-19 Viral Test Recommendation
For the safety of all community members, we strongly recommend you take a COVID-19 viral test (not an antibody test) about 7 days (and not more than 10 days) prior to your arrival on campus to ensure you do not have a current infection. If you take the test about 7 days prior to your arrival, the test result should be back before you access any Pepperdine campus. You may upload the test result into your patient portal so that it becomes part of your medical record.
New Student Requirements
All items must be completed by Monday, August 3, 2020:
- Complete the online Health History Form in the patient portal.
- Enter dates you received required immunizations into the patient portal.
- Upload immunization records in English into the patient portal.
The SHC requires all submissions to be uploaded to our medical system by the deadline date. Please follow these steps:
- Go to the patient portal, and log in with your WaveNet user ID and password for access.
- Click on the Health History Forms icon.
- Complete the Health History Form.
- Once the Health History Form is complete, return to the patient portal homepage and follow the steps below:
- Click on the immunization tab.
- Enter the dates you received each of the listed required immunizations and/or lab tests for immunity.
- Click submit at the end of each section when it is complete.
- Return to the patient portal homepage.
- Click on the upload icon, and follow the directions for the submission of your official immunization records
Note: You must input immunization dates and/or lab tests for immunity into the patient portal, in addition to uploading the required immunization documents in English.
The Student Health Center will administer immunizations during NSO; however, completing the above requirements before arriving on campus will help avoid delays in registering for your classes.
Once you complete these steps, visit the health insurance page to understand the University's health insurance requirement.