COVID-19 Quarantine Bag Recommendation
Students are Encouraged to Prepare Now
Students are encouraged to have a pre-packed quarantine bag in case they require testing for COVID-19. Typically, COVID-19 testing occurs due to the onset of systems or possible exposure. Each of these scenarios will require a student to quarantine until the test results are confirmed or isolate if the test comes back positive. Having a pre-packed bag prevents the stress of having to grab items in a rush, should you need to quarantine. We recommend you pack enough items to last you for 10-14 days. If applicable, please bring the bag with you to your testing appointment, or have it ready in your residence for easy pickup.
Below are some items to consider packing:
- Academic Materials: textbooks and supplies for classes
- Clothing: 6-7 changes of clothing, including comfy clothes and pajamas
- Electronics: phone, computer, and chargers
- Entertainment: playing cards, books, puzzles, adult coloring books, etc.
- Hair Supplies: comb, brush, hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- Medications: have a supply of any regular medications you take, cough and cold medications, and Ibuprofen and/or acetaminophen (for fever and body aches)
- Personal Documents: valuable papers and identification (e.g., social security card, passport, student ID card, etc.) in case of emergency relocation
- Symptom Check/Relief: cough drops, throat lozenges, tissues, thermometers, Vicks VapoRub, refillable water bottle, etc.
- Toiletries: soap, lotion, toothbrush/toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, etc.
Please pack any other items that might be useful in making a 14-day quarantine more comfortable and that can reasonably fit in the bag. The University stands ready to support you should you need to undergo the quarantine/isolation process. Thank you for helping us keep our community safe.