Graduate School of Education & Psychology (GSEP) Requirements
Each academic year all GSEP students registered in the TESOL program or the Malibu Clinical Psychology program, both domestic and international, are required to either provide proof of a U.S. based health insurance plan or enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) through the AHP Insurance Dashboard. This is an annual requirement and it is highly recommended that all students confirm their health insurance plan includes care close to Malibu. If students choose not to enroll in SHIP, they must provide proof of a U.S. based health insurance plan through the AHP Insurance Dashboard.
APH Insurance Dashboard Guidance
To meet the University health insurance requirement, new and returning students must select one of two options on the APH Insurance Dashboard:
- Confirm the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) option by clicking the ENROLL button, or
- Provide proof of an existing health insurance plan by clicking the WAIVE button
- To log into the system, students will need to enter their Pepperdine campus-wide identification (CWID) number and password. CWID numbers can be found on the front of student ID cards or in the "personal info" section on WaveNet.
- When students first log into the system, their password is their date of birth (MMDDYYYY).
Fall 2020 Waiver Submissions, Deadlines, and Premium Charges
APH Insurance Dashboard is Open
May 15-August 15, 2020: Select one of two options on the AHP Insurance Dashboard to meet the University's health insurance requirement. Students with a health insurance plan comparable to SHIP must complete an online waiver form before the August 15, 2020 waiver deadline.
SHIP Charges Post
August 16, 2020: Fall SHIP charges post to the student accounts of all eligible students who have selected the SHIP option or have not completed an online waiver submission through the AHP Insurance Dashboard and received an approved waiver notification by August 15, 2020.
August 16-September 5, 2020: Final opportunity for students who have not completed the University's health insurance requirement through the AHP Insurance Dashboard to select from the two available options. Students who select to waive out of the SHIP option, complete a waiver request, and receive an approved waiver notification, will have the premium charges reversed from their student accounts.
Final Waiver Deadline
September 5, 2020: Charges for SHIP will only be reversed for students who submit proof of insurance through the AHP Insurance Dashboard and receive an approved waiver notification between May 15, 2020, and September 5, 2020. If the waiver is submitted and approved after the August 15, 2020 deadline and SHIP charges post to the student account, the charge will be reversed prior to the due date for this fee.
Students who do not provide proof of U.S. based insurance and have an approved waiver notification through the AHP Insurance Dashboard prior to the September 5, 2020 deadline are automatically enrolled in SHIP to meet the University's health insurance requirement and are responsible for the charge on their student account.
Students who enroll in SHIP for the fall term will automatically roll over to spring/summer enrollment. These students have the option to waive the spring/summer SHIP through the AHP Insurance Dashboard between November 15, 2020, and February 1, 2021.
- Non-degree and exchange students are not required to provide proof of health insurance coverage and are not eligible to purchase SHIP.
- GSEP students registered on non-Malibu campuses are required to carry health insurance but are not required to provide proof of health insurance coverage and are not eligible for SHIP. Information on state exchange plans can be found on the U.S. health insurance exchange website.
- F1 international students on non-Malibu campuses are eligible to purchase the University's Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) by contacting Academic HealthPlans.
- Students graduating in December 2020 who enroll in SHIP for the fall 2020 term will have the option to enroll in the 2021 spring/summer SHIP by contacting Academic HealthPlans by the February 1 enrollment deadline.
To learn more about SHIP, SHIP enrollments, information for those graduating in December, the insurance requirement, or to access the SHIP brochure, please utilize the Academic HealthPlans customer care online resource center.