Table of Learning Management System Study Timeline
|Fall 2018-Spring 2019
- Developed faculty and student surveys on current learning management system (LMS)
satisfaction and innovation for the future.
- Obtained feedback on surveys from the Technology & Learning Faculty Steering Committee and Client Services Education group colleagues.
- Completed Institutional Research Board (IRB) application and received IRB approval
for the study.
- Distributed faculty and student surveys.
- Determined criteria for reviewing/comparing LMS platforms to our current solution.
|Spring 2019-Summer 2019
- Developed and implemented new improvements to Courses.
- Selected vendors, presented demos at ETUG meetings, and gathered feedback (June 14
& July 12, 2019).
- Shared survey results with the Technology & Learning Faculty Steering Committee and
IT's Leadership Council.
- Upgraded Courses to the latest version of the LMS platform, Sakai 19 (August 13, 2019).
|Fall 2019-Spring 2020
- Conducted student focus groups.
- Started but closed faculty focus groups due to COVID-19.
- Closed LMS Study ahead of schedule.
|Summer 2020-Fall 2020
- Due to COVID-19 and favorable initial community feedback, Pepperdine University will
remain on Courses (powered by Sakai).
- Due to COVID-19 and the University project to implement new distance learning technology
in all classrooms, the traditional summer upgrade for Courses was postponed until
summer 2021. Regular updates for the existing Courses version were applied throughout
the 2020-2021 academic year.
|Spring 2021-Summer 2021
- After the impact of COVID-19 is behind us, the research team will complete data coding
- A final summary of findings will be shared with the community on the website.
- Summer 2021, Courses was upgraded to the latest full release of the LMS platform,
Sakai 21 (August 3, 2021).
Back to Top
Back to LMS Study Home