Graduates of the Graziadio School Bachelor of Science in Management (BSM) Program who meet other eligibility criteria have the unique opportunity to complete the MBA degree on an accelerated basis through the MBAJ Program. As compared to the standard 52-unit requirement for the MBA, the MBAJ Program may be completed in as few as 30 units. The exact unit requirement for each student will vary, according to the number of qualifying courses/units fulfilled in completing the BSM. In meeting the minimum 30-unit requirement for the MBAJ, students must complete the following:
- 4 to 8 units of MBA core courses corresponding to the selected concentration
- GSBM 670J
- STGY 659 / STGY 670C
- 12 units of MBA electives in a concentration area
- 4 to 12 units of additional MBA electives
Standards of Academic Progress
A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required throughout the duration of the MBAJ Program.
- Falling below the minimum GPA requirement will subject a student to academic probation. While on probation, students are limited to enrolling in a maximum of 4 units per trimester. The probationary status will not be removed until the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 is reached.
The minimum passing grade for individual courses is a "C-." A core course in which a non-passing grade is earned must be repeated. For elective courses in which a non-passing grade is earned, students have the option of repeating the course or taking a different elective of an equivalent unit value.
As a member institution of Beta Gamma Sigma International, Pepperdine selects the top 20% of graduate-level students to join the prestigious honor society. For expected graduates of Fall 2017 and beyond, invitations will be sent to those whose cumulative program GPA falls within the 20% threshold. The GPA review takes place during the final trimester of enrollment, encompassing grades that have officially posted on a student's record to date. Courses that are "in progress" at the time of the GPA review will not be considered for the purposes of determining the list of invitees to the Beta Gamma Sigma induction ceremony. The opportunity to join the honor society will be extended to any additional graduates who may become eligible for membership after all grades have posted.
Please click here for more information regarding the Beta Gamma Honor Society.
Global Business Requirement
A minimum of 2 units in the MBAJ curriculum must include topics examined in a global context.
- Courses that meet the global business requirement are designated within each concentration area. For more information about the specific courses that meet the global business requirement, please refer to the concentration information in the MBAJ Curriculum section.
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Completion of 30 units (or more, as individually determined) of MBAJ coursework, including:
- Elective units required for a concentration
- Global Business requirement