Skip to main content
Pepperdine | Community

Frequently Asked Questions

  What are the accreditation statuses of Pepperdine University and the Graziadio School?

All degree programs offered by the Graziadio School have met the program accreditation standards set forth by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Pepperdine University is also accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).

  What is Pepperdine's religious affiliation?

Pepperdine University is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values. Members of the Pepperdine University community-faculty, staff, students, administrators, members of the Board of Regents, members of the University's advisory boards, and volunteers-are responsible for maintaining the standards of the institution and of the various communities in which they live. We value integrity, honesty, and fairness and strive to integrate these values into our daily practices.

  What forms of financial aid are available to help cover the cost of my degree?

Pepperdine University participates in a variety of federal and state aid programs that are available to admitted Graziadio School students who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or other eligible non-citizens. In addition, limited scholarship funds are made available by the Graziadio School to certain students who meet eligibility criteria on the basis of academic merit. To be considered for federal financial aid, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online at To maintain eligibility for federal aid, BSM students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units per academic term.  The minimum unit requirement for graduate-level students is 4 units per term. For more information please contact the financial aid department at 310.568.5530 or

  Where can I purchase my books?

Students enrolled in the Graziadio Business School may purchase all class textbooks and materials from the bookstores located at the main University campus in Malibu or the West Los Angeles Graduate Campus. Both campus bookstores provides a variety of services to ensure optimum convenience for students. Textbook orders can be placed online at Bookstore West LA.

  Can I take a leave of absence?

A leave of absence may be granted during a student's course of study. A letter or an e-mail from the student's Pepperdine e-mail account must be submitted to the Program Office indicating the reason for the leave and the projected time of return. Students may be granted a leave of absence for up to two consecutive trimesters. If a student requires a leave of absence longer than two consecutive trimesters, the student must petition the Program Committee. For information regarding the submission of this petition, contact your program advisor.

  Is it possible to defer my enrollment at the Graziadio School?

If you are not able to start your degree program at the Graziadio School in the academic term for which you were admitted, you may request deferred enrollment through your assigned Academic Advisor. Deferrals are granted for a single term and may be extended for a second term. If you choose not to enroll after being granted a deferral for two consecutive terms, you will need to submit an Application for Readmission.

  Can I take classes at a different campus?

You are welcomed to take classes at any of the campuses where the program is offered. As a BSM student, you can enroll in classes at West LA and Irvine. For FEMBA students, we offer classes at Calabasas, West LA, and Irvine. The MSML and MSHR programs are based at West LA.

  How does the registration process work?

The Academic Advisor will enroll all new students and then beginning in the second trimester all students will self-enroll. The registration period is for two weeks and every student is assigned a registration date based on the number of units in progress and completed. Registration for the following trimester typically occurs around week 8 of a trimester. Information on how to search and enroll in classes is sent to a student's Pepperdine email prior to the registration period.

  When can I apply for graduation?

If you are eligible for graduation, you will receive an email in your Pepperdine email account to complete the online application halfway through your last trimester. The application verifies your name, academic program and contact information.


Please check your academic catalog for a complete list of policies.