Faculty Speaker Series
The Faculty Speaker Series invites faculty from all five schools of Pepperdine University to share their experience teaching with technology. Each speaker offers amazing insights and strategies, and may even expose mistakes or challenges so that you can avoid any pitfalls. We hope that you will join us at these peer-to-peer events and learn from and with your colleagues.
- "Digital Humanities: Teaching, Research, and Service" by Dr. Jennifer Smith, Seaver College.
- "Technology and Strategies for Improving Student Scholarly Writing" by Dr. Linda Purrington, Graduate School of Education and Psychology.
- "YouTube, You Teach" by Dr. Christopher Heard, Seaver College.
- "How Podcasting Enhanced My Classes" by Prof. Greg Ogden, School of Law.
- "Learning Circles for Online Teaching" by Dr. Margaret Riel, Graduate School of Education and Psychology.
- "Successfully Using the Tests & Quizzes Tool in Courses" by Dr. Jim DiLellio, Graziadio School of Business and Management.
- "Forums and Feedback" by Dr. Linda Polin, Graduate School of Education and Pschology.
- "Putting Students at the Center of Learning" by Dr. Michael Shires, School of Public Policy.
- "Polls and Forums to Engage Students in the Conversation" by Dr. Luisa Blanco-Raynal, School of Public Policy.
- "Blogs in the Classroom: Through a Journalism Lens" by Prof. Elizabeth Smith, Seaver College.
- "Cloud Storage for Collaboration" by Dr. David Smith, Graziadio School of Business and Management.
- "Peer Instruction with Classroom Response Systems" by Dr. Dan Morrison, Seaver College.
- "Make POWERpoints, Not WEAKpoints: Design Bootcamp For Your Presentations" by Landon Phillips.
- "The (Almost) Paperless Classroom" by Dr. Sharyl Corrado, Seaver College.
- "HyperResearch Creates Hyper Happy Graduate Students!" by Dr. Kay Davis and Dr. Paula Thompson, Graduate School of Education and Psychology.
- "Are We There Yet? My Twenty Year Journey with Technology Based Learning" by Dr. John Mooney, Graziadio School of Business and Management.
- "From Traditional to Technological: Transforming an Instructional Design Course" by Dr. Stella Erbes, Seaver College. Recording coming soon.
Share Your Story
Are you teaching in a new or innovative way? Or do you have tips -- big or small -- that you feel will benefit your colleagues? If so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your story.