The Polls tool in Courses offers the ability to create and view anonymous multiple-choice polls. The tool is useful for gathering feedback or deciding a question democratically. The Polls tool is turned off in class and project sites by default. You can easily add a tool through Site Info > Edit Tools.
- Click the tab for your course or project site.
- Click Polls in the left menu.
- Click Add.
- Fill in the poll details:
- Question - enter the poll question, such as "What is your favorite color?"
- Additional instructions (optional) - enter any extra details to help the viewer respond to your poll. You do NOT enter the answer options here.
- Opening date - set when the poll will be visible.
- Closing date - set when the poll will no longer be open for responses.
- Limits - set the Minimum and Maximum responses. If you want users to select one and only one option, set both boxes to "1."
- Access options - set whether the poll is open to any user.
- Results - select when results will be displayed to users.
- Click Save and add options to enter each of the answer options for your poll question.
- Enter the first answer option for your poll. This is a single option, such as "Blue" if the poll question is "What is your favorite color?"
- Click Save and add options to enter another answer choice. Click Save to save the last entry and return to the main poll page.
- Review your choices. To finish the poll, click Save.