Viewing Report Results
If you enabled the Turnitin feature in your class assignment, you can view the OriginalityCheck reports for your students. Reports often take 20-30 minutes after submission to appear, but can take up to 24 hours depending on the size of the document and whether the student is a new user.
- Log into Courses and click on the tab for your course.
- Click Assignments in the left menu.
- Click Grade under the assignment title.
- There will be a Turnitin column in the list of student submissions. Once the report from Turnitin is available, there
will be an icon in that column.
For a quick overview, just look at the color of the icon. It is based on the percent that student content is similar to other sources in the Turnitin search: Red 75-100; Orange 50-75; Yellow 25-50; Green 0-25; Blue exactly 0.
- The report is also available to view when grading the assignment by clicking a student's
name in the above step.
- The Overall Similarity Index is displayed in the upper right of the report. The sources
are numbered, color coded, and then listed in a column down the right side of the
report. The matches found in the report itself are listed in the main column on the
left. Note that some sources may match multiple sections in the submitted text. In
the example below, you can see there were multiple matches from source number 2 (green).
Clicking a section of marked text in the submitted document will open an expanded view of the source including other sections matched from the same source. Likewise, clicking a link in the sources column will bring you to the web page so you can see the context of the match on that site.
- In the "Text only" view displayed above, you can use the options on the left side of the tool bar to exclude quoted text, a bibliography section, or matches below a certain percentage or number of words as defined by you. The icons to the right allow you to sort the matches, print the report, refresh the results or download the report to a file on your computer.
- In the "Document viewer" option, you can access the same functionality. Click the filter icon at the bottom right (the icon looks like a funnel). Select whether to exclude quoted text, bibliography, etc. Click Apply Changes to update the current report or click New Report to generate a revised originality report with your new filters.
- In the "Document Viewer," you can click "Text-Only Report" at the bottom right to enter the text only view. In the "Text only" view, you can click the "Document Viewer" button at the top left to change to the other view.