Courses Upgrade August 3, 2021
On Tuesday, August 3, 2021, Technology and Learning upgraded Courses to the latest version, Sakai 21. The upgrade comes with several enhancements and new features for the Assignments, Tests & Quizzes, Gradebook, Site Info, and other tools.
IMPORTANT: Class site content will stay intact! Ongoing classes and new classes will not skip a beat as all the content for each class will be retained.
Pepperdine community members can watch a Town Hall session held by the Technology and Learning Team on June 4, 2021 where we review the great new benefits of the upgrade.
This update provides improved performance and feature enhancements, including:
- An optional Sakai grader service in assignments, which allows instructors to view attached submissions in-line.
- A new "Date Manager" service, which allows instructors to edit all open dates and due dates for various tools in one place.
- A way to message students right from the Gradebook based upon performance on a particular activity.
- The Forums tool was renamed to "Discussions."
- Other Enhancements to Tests & Quizzes, Gradebook, and Lessons.
Clear Your Browser Cache
After the upgrade, be sure to clear your web browser cache. This is critically important!
- Learn how to clear your web browser cache.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Faculty can additionally sign up for a one-on-one
consultation to review the upgraded tools, or anything related to Courses, through the TechLearn Consultation Request Form.